Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Q950TS eARC issue

(Topic created on: 27-09-2020 04:33 PM)
ajibarra
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I have just bought a new QLED 8K TV Q950TS and a Sonos ARC soundbar.

The issue is that I cannot get sound when eARC option in TV is enabled (set to automatic). It makes impossible to get true Dolby Atmos in soundbar.

I have seen other people complaining about the same issue but I would like to know when Samsung is going to fix this otherwise I will return the TV.

3 REPLIES 3
Lindhardt
Apprentice
Options

I brought the Q95T since i wanted a flagship TV with eARC for the Dolby Atmos True HD. 

What it looks like is that Samsung have been promissing eARC support for their eARC TV's since 2019 and still does not give eARC support on most of their TVs

I just returned my Q95T last week. I had higher expectations from Samsung on this issue, but are very dissapointed by their lack of information on this matter, so now i am looking for a new Sony or LG tv 

slx
Pioneer
Options

I have a similar issue, Q950TS TV with Playstation 5 (and every other device I connect directly to the TV) and the built-in streaming apps. No way to get every supported audio format (e.g. PCM 7.1) through to the AV Receiver through eARC. Even plain Dolby Digital 5.1 is not possible with eARC option set to Auto. There are many other people with similar issues.

I think the eARC functionality of these TVs is broken. Samsung, please fix this as soon as possible through firmware upate.

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Well, you are basically right. It's broken in all 2020 models. Same in my case with the 800T TV.