Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Q80T Constant Flickering with HDR

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 04:15 PM)
Steve Thresher
Apprentice
Options

Attempting to play any HDR content (Netflix or YouTube tested so far) results in a flickering picture. Flickering remains  when the video is paused as well. Seems to be the HDR mode rather than what is being played. Normal HD is ok as is regular 4K. Is this a firmware bug that will be fixed by a system update. Are there settings I can change to fix the problem?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Mr_Kumar
Explorer
Options
No idea, but that is a serious problem
0 Likes
Mr_Kumar
Explorer
Options
Try connecting a playstation or pc set at hdr, see how that goes
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Steve Thresher ,

let's have a look into this together. Would you be able to test any other channels, apps, and sources to see if the same thing happens? Is the TV running on the latest version available for it: version 1497.0? You can check this from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV or Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
Steve Thresher
Apprentice
Options

I won't be in front the TV for an hour or so. I'll check the software version, when I looked at it last night there were no updates to download. Do you have another app that I could use as the source for HDR?

0 Likes
Steve Thresher
Apprentice
Options

The software version is 1497.0 however the problem has gone away which is most bizarre! I tried Amazon Prime video and that worked but was HDR10 so I went back to the Youtube video (costa rica) and Netflix title (Shadow and Bone) to see if they worked and they did. All I've done is switch the set into standby and back on again. Hopefully it doesn't come back. Thanks to those that offered suggestions.

0 Likes