Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Frame TV light sensor adjustment not working in Art mode

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 05:00 PM)
Bbourgeo
Student
Options

Recently purchased the 2020 65" Frame TV, and very happy so far with one exception:

I understood that the light sensor helped adjust the lighted art display level to match surrounding light levels.  So far this doesn't seem to be working for us, giving the art an unnatural "glow" in the evenings or even midday when the lights are off in the living room in favor of sunlight.  The only partial solution seems to be manually changing the brightness within the Art mode settings, which I refuse to do multiple times a day.  Am I missing something here?  Please help.

46 REPLIES 46
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Bbourgeo ,

are you able to tell me what software version is your TV currently running on? The latest one available for your Tv is: 1112.9.

Is this working whilst the TV is not in Art Mode? Can you check if Eco Sensor is turned on? Eco Sensor adjusts the brightness of the TV automatically. This feature measures the light in your room and optimises the brightness of the TV automatically to reduce power consumption. If you want to turn this off, go to > Settings > General > Eco Solution > Ambient Light Detection.

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

Thought it was just me, the art work looks fantastic during the day but in the eveing has as you say a glow it certainly does not dim with the room settingsl like it says in the adds.

Ours is the 55 version and really wishing 3 things

1 it had more memory as cant view all the art due to apps stealing storage

2 the telly turn its brightness down to match suroundings as advertised

3 we bought the bigger model because the artword during the day does look truly fantastic. 

0 Likes
JoJoC
Apprentice
Options

Im having the same problem on a 2020 75" frame TV, my 2019 65" is working perfectly, and when I put them side by side the 2019 is adjusting and the 2020 isn't.

0 Likes
paperboy2
Explorer
Options

Hi

I too have this issue on a new 65 inch Frame.

Tried Eco Sonsor on and off and the brightness does not change with the central sensors covered or left open.

Firmware up to date T-NKMDEUC-1115.5

0 Likes
Joma2
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on the 2020 75"; really frustrating as it's just way too bright at night or early in the morning.

I've tried turning the brightness down but really makes no difference.  I think they need to do a software update to fix this 

0 Likes
paperboy2
Explorer
Options

I had a power cut that caused some of my settings to go amisss so i did a factory reset and now this issue has been resolved.

I can change the brightness manually but also now the brightness adjusts automatically unlike before.

I am also now on firmware 1302 rather than 1115 so that may have done the trick.

Might be worth a try doing a reset?????....

0 Likes
paperboy2
Explorer
Options

PS forgot to say I have Eco power save off, night mode off (also watch out for HDMI CEC (ANYNET) devices switching off the TV with their eco modes at night).... so that once in Art mode only the timer turns the screen blank.

0 Likes
Paul136
Student
Options

When I try to access the Eco Solution settings I get a message saying they are not available. Why is that? I have the 55" version. The auto brightness is not working in Art Mode.

JoJoC
Apprentice
Options

its clear they don't want to fix the issue of the auto brightness not working.

I went through 2 2020 75" FRAME TV's and both of them were not adjusting to the room in Art Mode, the main key feature of the ART TV. while my 65" FRAME from 2019 works perfect right beside it. (I had brought it from another room to test it out and the 2019 works perfectly, so its just a 2020 problem and they seem to not care at all)