Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 55 inch Frame TV - Art Mode Software not fit for purpose - extremely disappointed and keen for an urgent Samsung response.

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 05:59 PM)
AndrewBennett
First Poster
Options

Samsung please help.

We had the Frame TV delivered today, really excited that we would finally be able to display my photographs properly having previously been a professional photographer and now continuing it as a very keen hobby. 

The TV looks great on the wall and the picture for watching TV looks good but... Art Mode (which is the whole reason that we spent £1500 on this rather than just £450 on a 49inch non-QLED TV) just doesn't seem to do anything that we would have expected.

1 - it will not display images directly from a USB drive in art mode

2- instead those images need to be uploaded to the connect box but there is only a pathetic 500mb of internal storage - even with moderate sized jpegs that means only 50 pictures maximum - I told the Samsung Rep I had thousands of photographs and he agreed that this would be the perfect way to show them, clearly not.

3- unless images are in a perfect 16:9 ratio you can only get a windows vista style shadow box effect - not the classic look shown on all of the advertising.

4 - Slideshow customisation is almost non-existent with a minimum slide duration of 10 minutes - surely 1, 2 or 5 minutes should be optional.

5- There is no option to skip to the next image early

6- There is no way of randomising the picture order for slideshow mode

7 - you have to individually set the surround colour for every image - why is there not AI chosen colour based on the colour pallet in the images, or at  the very least a way of changing all the surrounds in one go. 

8 - and no i do not want to have my phone permanently tethered to it via bluetooth or otherwise

There are digital photo frames on the market with infinitely better software!

I am really genuinely disappointed and I want someone from Samsung to please tell me that there is an update addressing these issues coming ASAP (i can see that other threads from last year have raised exactly the same concerns and nothing seems to have happened).

So PLEASE someone at Samsung (or someone with the same TV and more experience), tell me that I am wrong and there is something that i am missing. Or tell me that there is a software update coming.

Otherwise i WILL be returning the TV ASAP (having of course drilled 8 holes in my wall that fit the pattern of the QLED no gap mount and will mean that I can only get another QLED tv to replace it and thus overspending on what would have been simply a replacement 49 inch LED TV - that or completely ruining my living room wall). 

With best wishes and waiting hopefully

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
Eumeleins
Pioneer
Options

What a dream - Samsung adds new useful features to the art mode 😃. I would be satisfied if the few features would do their jobs. At my Frame 43" 2020 is not working a bit. The first picture is shown forever. Ther are other users with the same problem.

0 Likes
Ed Staffin
First Poster
Options

Hi, I totally agree with your comments. I am a software developer. The software for this tv was written by real amateur. In a nutshell it sucks. It took me less than one hour to write a utility that sizes my pics exactly to 3840x2160. Samsung, if you are listening, I will sell it to you for the cost of my tv (plus shipping, handling, and annoyance charges). At least my pic show ... almost full screen. Right now I am using the tv as a large monitor for my pc. That way I get what I want on the tv without all the *****. Fix it, and soon, or I’m returning mine.

Thanks ... Ed

Mr_squiggle
Journeyman
Options

The biggest problem in my opinion is the awful yellow colour-cast that exists over the whole Art Mode software experience. It disappears when using the TV in any other mode.

0 Likes
HansenLarsen
Apprentice
Options

I bought my frame more than 5 years ago and had the first app SamsungView and when we uploaded pictures then we had multiple options for frames and no frame 

then a few days ago I had to reset due to continous network problems only to see that it is now not possible - as a proffesionel Photographer I only bought it for the former feature and purpose and I’m angry and sad

My best guess is that they removed the feature to force more sales of their Art collection down peoples throats since all these pictures still comes with mulitiple choices of frames 

shame on samsungs for this move 

0 Likes
HansenLarsen
Apprentice
Options

I have found a third party app in the app store that solve this problem with the Samsung SmartThings app (what the "smart thing" is when you cripple and remove features we had before I do not know 😞 - The app is named "The Frame tool"

Best regards Thorbjørn 

It's not free but very reasonably priced. After some research I found it. I was sceptical but it work, and gives the options to work around the extremely stupid change Samsung made to the option of showning your own photos borderles

So check it out and hope it works for you to. 

0 Likes