Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 QLED firmware 1401 subtitle bug

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 08:49 PM)
FrankieSomeone
Pioneer
Options

Looks like firmware 1401 breaks the subtitles for files played from USB devices.
Once the first one appears, instead of ending when it should, it stays visible forever or until the next title replaces it.

This happens on my Q90R and I also tried a total factory reset but it didn't fix the problem.

89 REPLIES 89
ScaredMouse
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that playing from external HDD/SSD or flash drive where movie.mkv file and movie.str are in same directory plays fine, if subtitles are muxed in with movie file, problem is the same. This is the only solution for now.

0 Likes
Kerverosi
Journeyman
Options

Same problem 2019 QN62Q60. All embedded subs fails (srt, ass, idx/sub). The only  solution is with external sub, but if you don´t have srt file you need to convert it too. 

0 Likes
pincini
Journeyman
Options

Same problem with q70 2019. The software is 1401. I called for assistance but they only advised me to reset the TV. I hope for a bug-fix. 

0 Likes
Kerverosi
Journeyman
Options

Firmware 1409 is Out (release date 2022-10-04), but the subtitle bug isn{t fixed!

0 Likes
ScaredMouse
Journeyman
Options

cmon Samsung, fix your ***** with the tv, its so frustrating...

0 Likes
meeroh
Apprentice
Options

Same with UE55RU8003UXXH

How can one raise ticket to Samsung smart tv firmware team to fix this?

Can we downgrade firmware to the version that doesn't have this issue?

0 Likes
ScaredMouse
Journeyman
Options

apearantly samsung just ignores us here and they don't care, they know about it, because months passed and everyone has this *****...  and no, firmware downgrade is not possible, tried it and its not allowed, because its would be to easy to fix problems that samsung made for us.

meeroh
Apprentice
Options

There has to be formal way of reporting this issue. Samsung, in order to do business in European union must recognize  Consumer Rights Directive.

We just need to find formal way to raise this issue (not just to bi**h on forum which Samsung clearly ignores).

0 Likes
ScaredMouse
Journeyman
Options

tried that also, they response was try reset it, turn it off and ect....

0 Likes
Socage
First Poster
Options

Frustrating . When fix?

0 Likes