Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 QLED firmware 1401 subtitle bug

(Topic created on: 13-01-2023 01:22 PM)
FrankieSomeone
Pioneer
Options

Looks like firmware 1401 breaks the subtitles for files played from USB devices.
Once the first one appears, instead of ending when it should, it stays visible forever or until the next title replaces it.

This happens on my Q90R and I also tried a total factory reset but it didn't fix the problem.

87 REPLIES 87
Kormos
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem with my UE55RU7022KXXH. Told the problem to Hungarian Samsung and they have already reported it to the developers.  We'll see...

0 Likes
ScaredMouse
Journeyman
Options

yeah, like they care... half a year passed, whole world has this problem and no fix. and worst no possible way of a roll back of the software.

0 Likes
Members_0zqqWgV
Student
Options

Like what is this? They totally dont care about customers or what??!!
Half Year passed and still no repair update or at least some info..

0 Likes
ScaredMouse
Journeyman
Options

yeah, i dont understand how it is this possible to ignore it for so long, tried the samsung 2022 QLED model, everything is fine, firmware  version is 1301, but in all 2019 qled same bug. now its more than half a year

0 Likes
heathrun
Explorer
Options

I am having the same problem. Have used Samsung TVs for 20+ years and this is the first time that subtitles are not working properly anymore.

After all the waiting and silence from Samsung's side, I have now contacted the German side of Samsung support. Hope this will help. I have linked this thread and also described the problem in a very simple, clear way. Hope this will be addressed. I certainly wont give up and will go through Samsungs support in several countries, if there is no reply in a few days or week ..

cheers

heathrun
Explorer
Options

Got this reply from Samsung Support 10 days ago. Asked for an update.

Von: Samsung Support <hotline@email.support.samsung.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Januar 2023 14:33

Betreff: Re: TV Update causing subtitles (in mkv) bug

Please Reply Above This Line

Guten Tag,

Ihr Anliegen habe ich mir sorgfältig durchgelesen.

We will forward your request to our development department.

0 Likes
Kormos
Explorer
Options

I've got the same reply from the Hungarian support team. Nothing happened so far...

0 Likes
heathrun
Explorer
Options

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY! It will be fixed. Here is a reply. It is in German, I am including a translation:

vielen Dank für Ihre Rückmeldung zu der Wiedergabe der Untertitel bei Wiedergabe von Video-Dateien über das Netzwerk oder von USB-Datenträger auf Ihrem Fernseher UE75RU7099UXZG. Bitte entschuldigen Sie, dass wir uns erst heute bei Ihnen melden können. Die Antwort auf Ihr Anliegen hole ich jetzt natürlich gerne nach. 

Wie bereits besprochen, wurde der Sachverhalt an unsere Entwicklungsabteilung gemeldet und konnte dort bereits nachgestellt werden. Dazu erhielten wir die Aussage, dass dieser Effekt, dass die Untertitel bei Wiedergabe der Video-Dateien nicht mehr ausgeblendet werden, mit einem kommenden Software-Update für die Fernseher der R-Serie 2019 behoben wird. Zu wann dieses Update für die Fernseher erscheinen wird, dazu liegt uns bedauerlicherweise keine Information vor.

Sie können gern die Testversion 1409.0 auf Ihrem Fernseher testen, welche wir für die R-Serie bereits vorliegen haben. Die Untertitel sind jedoch kein Bestandteil des Changelogs für die Datei. Sie finden die Datei hier zum Download:

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model... 

Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gern zur Verfügung.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the subtitle playback when playing video files over the network or from USB media on your UE75RU7099UXZG TV. Please accept our apologies for not being able to get back to you until today. Of course, I am now happy to provide you with an answer to your concern.

As already discussed, the issue has been reported to our development department and has already been rectified there. In addition, we received the statement that this effect, that the subtitles are no longer hidden when playing the video files, will be fixed with an upcoming software update for the R-series 2019 TVs. Unfortunately, we do not have any information on when this update for the TVs will be released.

You are welcome to test the trial version 1409.0 on your TV, which we already have for the R-series. However, the subtitles are not part of the changelog for the file. You can download the file here

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model...

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Feorun
Apprentice
Options

I am so furious its still NOT adressed yet!! And its half a year since last firmware update for my tv , August 2022, (RU 7410) helllo Samsung?! WTF?? Probably my last Samsung TV (I bought Samsung tvs for more then a decade, over 5), next Android TV with open source movie players f**k this sht!

Tried 1409 Firmware, it is NOT fixed, so we wait till summer for next firmware for it to be fixed?? Lmao.. and they could have fixed it cos problem is known from August... 

0 Likes
Feorun
Apprentice
Options

happy news, 1409 hasnt fixed it...

0 Likes