Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Frame TV Art Mode Mount issue

(Topic created on: 19-11-2019 12:21 PM)
DavidH81
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

Just bought a 2019 Frame TV and I'm after some help - I've uploaded a few photos from my mobile to use in art mode but, except for one, they all have no options for using the Modern mount, only the horrid Shadowbox mount! One of my photos does show this option but the rest don't, despite them all being from the same device. The one that works wasn't resized to 16:9 so squished the image, I resized it and now it doesn't show the option to use the Modern mount which is annoying. I've uploaded other 16:9 images and they don't show the option either. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dave

45 REPLIES 45
Massig
Pioneer
Options

Have the same issue... I tried all sorts of sizes ... and the only option available is Shadow Mount.

Any suggestion?

0 Likes
Massig
Pioneer
Options

Just noticed that weirdly that whilst adding the mount of the phone allows shadow box only, when I tried it in the TV the modern mount was available... On pictures at 16/9 exactly. Ie. Uploaded 16/9 photo via phone. Gone on the TV and added the mount there. All options were available. 

0 Likes
AdamB1
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same problem but unlike you I only get the shadow box option on the tv too. Can I ask, what actual resolution was the photo it worked on? That could make a difference as well as the aspect ratio. Thanks.

0 Likes
RichardWindeyer
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Any anyone discovered a solution?

0 Likes
DavidH81
Apprentice
Options

I ended up creating images on my desktop iMac which were exactly 16 x 9" in size and 300ppi and it works well now. I'm yet to work out what sizes I need to create for a multiple image collage but for regular landscape shots the above works fine. 

0 Likes
Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

After some checking for a possible solutions I found out that the resolution needs to be exactly 16:9. If only extremely small difference occurs adding photos full screen (no mat) or mat options won't be available.

So, I had to crop some photos on my computer as even iPhone Photo app was not cropping it as Samsung wants it to be be done, and we are speaking about 1px difference!? For example: photo cropped by iPhone photo app to 16:9 to a resolution of 3971 × 2234 wasn't good, I had to crop it on my computer to 3971 × 2233 as this changed the aspect ratio somewhat closer to 16:9. 

@Samsung: hope this will be fixed with next Firmware upgrade (I'm sure users won't mind their photos being stretched for 1px)

Ekelund
Apprentice
Options

Doesn't work for me. What size is your TV? Does that matter? Still do not get fullsize pictures. 

0 Likes
Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

TV size does not matter. Image size is important meaning you need to crop it to 16:9 and sometimes crop additional 1-2px of both width and height to make the aspect ratio right (1.7777).

As I said, I really hope Samsung will fix it with next firmware upgrade

0 Likes
Andeh
First Poster
Options

After many many trials and tribulations, the best way i have managed to get it to work is with the resolution of 3840 x 2160.
This allows for no mount and the normal mount. I tested loads! 

Also, worth noting i used the USB option, not the app.

The app squashed the image vertically. - i tested this with squares and circles to see the distortion.