Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 02:35 PM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
steini81
Student
Options

Thank you Michael. I will try this as a work around. 

My main reason for posting was to get samsung to update my TV. I think it's appalling that they are not adressing this issue. It was an quite expensive model. It really shows that Samsung does not care about their buyers. 

AntS
Options

Hi all,

Posting a link to my post in another thread about this, in case it helps anyone based in the UK/Europe who are in or come across this thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-switching-itself-to-tv-speaker-since-25-8-2022/m-p/6378937... 

(Downloads for interim T-MSLDEUC_1409.0 and T-MSMDEUC_1409.0 firmware updates, along with guidance, are there.)

Landidos
Student
Options

Installing 1409 firmware I fixed audio issues with Xbox Series S. After installing firmware 1409 an audio settings reset is needed in the Samsung TV settings. Furthermore unplug all HDMI cables. Turning on my Xbox all works fine now. 

AntS, you’re great 👍

0 Likes
rikob1
Explorer
Options
  • Hello, is this firmware 1409 applicable to TV Samsung QE-55Q85R Bulgaria. I have a problem with sound from my PS5
0 Likes
ez405
Apprentice
Options

Any update on this?
I'm tired of dealing with this issue.  It's been 6 months since it was reported and we've got nothing.
Either let us roll back to 1391 or give us some news on when the worldwide update could be available.

Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

1409 as an Beta Update is available. The official update will come 2023. No more information yet.

0 Likes
Martorias
Explorer
Options

This fix just worked for a week or so, I'm back to losing hdmi audio every now and then 😞 

rikob1
Explorer
Options
I installed 1409 on Samsung 55Q85R but the sound problem persists.

This is the 7th month of this problem, please take action and release the new update.
0 Likes
Martorias
Explorer
Options

Don't hold your breath. Horrible quality assurance, long radio silence and then a temporary fix. Can't wait for the TV to completely break down so I can switch brand 😕

0 Likes
robbob
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung Support in the US.

I also emailed the US CEO and got the executive complaint team involved.

They told me that "It's my issue" and I should pay Samsung to fix my TV. I then forwarded my notes to the WSJ and NY Times -- hoping that they pick up on this.  What a crock -- they break everybody's TV with an auto update and then won't even bother to put out a fix.