Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 17-10-2022 01:44 PM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
Justin Green
Explorer
Options

I tried twitter too no luck. Maybe we try State Attorney Generals and file consumer report concerns

0 Likes
ez405
Apprentice
Options

There are 2 really easy solutions here:
-Give us the option to down rev to 1391 and then turn off auto update.
or
-Put out a 1402 version that was only available by usb install, that was basically just a re-versioned 1391 so the tv will allow the update. People who want to stay at 1401 can stay there and those with issues can manually install 1402.

Of course I'd rather they actually fix the problem in a real 1402 update, but that now seems unlikely.

PurePower
Student
Options

So i also had this issue when my TV upgraded to 1401. I then searched my model on the Samsung website for my region and version 1409 was available for download. I then installed it via USB and my soundbar is working again. 

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Tried for North America and sadly only older version available and will not let you roll back 

0 Likes
PurePower
Student
Options

Here in South Africa, its available for my TV model. Check https://www.samsung.com/za/support/model/QA65Q80RAKXGH/#downloads

0 Likes
Tobbe
Student
Options

Hade the same problem. But solved by holding down the onoff button for 5 seconds.  Makes the system restart.

Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

For all people with an Xbox series x/s and sound issues when switching games and apps. Try to disable HDR in Xbox settings. Tested one day and it looks like it works. Maybe because the tv don't have to switch through multiple modes.

After holding the power off button workaround for weeks this is another way for me to past the time until a new firmware comes out. I still blame Firmware 1401 for that problem because it's started right after the update. But maybe its have something to do with the HDR code of the firmware rather than sound code only which makes difficult to fix. I don't know.

Feel free to reply after testing.

0 Likes
PzSniper
Explorer
Options

Do you think this will work for TV UHD 4K 55" RU7450 2019? I'm stuc with 1401 too..

0 Likes
Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

Try it. I disabled HDR on my Xbox series x and the soundbug is gone. I miss HDR a little bit but I am glad not to hold power off for 5 second's everytime I switch between games or apps.

My tv is an RU8009 fw1401.

0 Likes
Justin Green
Explorer
Options

I think it has to be the same model class for it to  work.

Very sad it been almost 2 months and Samsung can’t even assist, acknowledge, or respond to a massive rollout failure. Such dishonor and cowardice. class action lawsuit anyone?