Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 04:37 AM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

I wanted to tell that people on reddit started to post and talk about that problem. Do you think Samsung will wake up soon on this? Slowly the truth is spreading that firmware 1401 is buggy. We can't searching for workarounds forever. What do you think?

0 Likes
Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options

Came here from Reddit as am suffering audio drops from my Xbox series X connected to my 2019 Q70r on firmware, you guessed it 1401. I was among the users Michael Digital's suggestion regarding holding down the power button has helped massively, before i would just "Full shut down" my console to give it all a kick. I too disconnected my soundbar, bought a brand new pricey HDMI 2.1 cable, changed ports and ontop of that i had the issue on my Xbox one X, just as i replaced it so to me that rules out the console being at fault as this issue has appeared on both models. Theres a slither of my mind that is open to it being a MS software issue but as many others are having issues without consoles being involved its pretty likely on Samsung (Shock). I've messaged both Samsung UK and Samsung Help on Twitter, including a link to this forum asking A) if Samsung are even aware of this issue users are facing, and B) are they looking into a fix or know anything. So waiting on any bites from that, these days i tend to avoid calling them where possible as have never had any joy down that route be it for mobile, tv or promotions. I did a quick search whilst on there and found a post from someone in Canada and the Netherlands regarding 1401, so clearly its a worldwide issue.

Will drop an update IF/when i get a response, helpful or not....

HelpMeKoreanTVMFR
Journeyman
Options

So you saved me Thanks!  I have surround sound back! All was set fine but Dolby Digital switched back to PCM when I was testing out all the different settings and didn't think to go back and check it again.  So even though 1401 messed everything up for everyone, I actually have the sound and functionality back that I had before 1401...except that I'm not using E Arc.  I'm fine since I'm only using 5.1 surround sound.  Thanks again...It's good to have the sound bouncing off the walls again.

0 Likes
jacklol2
First Poster
Options

Can someone PLEASE test Spotify?

My issue is audio normalization since 1401. Some apps are quiet; some are EXTREMELY LOUD. Spotify in particular

0 Likes
Options

Noticed same thing, few time it also reverses! As in if you get sound on say sky then go into Netflix there is no sound. What’s weird is I watch Netflix through sky not the tv app!!! Waiting for Samsung to fix this.

my work around is to long press the power on tv or sky remote till tv dies soft reset! 

0 Likes
Options

Don’t get volume issue! 

0 Likes
Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

It depends on what you start or use first. When you start another app or game with different sound configurations the sound is gone.

Until now, it looks like Samsung will nothing do about this issue.

0 Likes
Andrew991
First Poster
Options

The firmware 1401 destroys all bluetooth devices on my RU8000. Kindly solve this problem a soon possible. Thanks .

0 Likes
GTV0026
Explorer
Options

So I’ve been calling Samsung almost every week since this issue started and have yet to talk to a rep that has even ever heard of this issue. They always seem surprised and offer no support. The last rep I did talk to said to just go buy a new LG TV which was the best @Samsung customer service advice I’ve received after calling in about 20+ times. Even some of the Samsung reps know to not buy a Samsung TV. This will definitely be my last. They make great TV’s but what good is a TV when you can’t support it and have the worst service in the industry of all manufacturers out there. 

Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

Thank you anyway for trying. What about Twitter? Maybe we get more audience there?