Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 12:09 AM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
JBP3
Explorer
Options

TV Device Manager->Clean Memory Boost, then Clean Running Apps.

0 Likes
Julien3131
Student
Options

Hi,

No news from the support, i opend a ticket for almost one week.

I found a solution that i found on a another post. I disabled HDMI ARC on my ampli Yamaha and i connected the TV and the Ampli with an optical cable, now i have sound on my Ampli.

Julien

HelpMeKoreanTVMFR
Journeyman
Options

So I tried clearing the cache on the TV which was suggested by a couple of others who said it worked for them but it did not work for me so I'm sticking to moving the HDMI to from Arc 4 to 3, checking Anynet +(HDMI-CED) and unchecking all the input signal plus.  As someone suggested, we lose surround sound functions this way and just get stereo...I think that's true or maybe it's just the movies/shows I've selected...at least better than the TV speakers.  Funny thing a new update 2101 from 2002 just popped up on my AU8000 TV which is also connected to a soundbar...I'm holding off for the time being even though I know that update has been out for quite sometime for other TV's.

GTV0026
Explorer
Options

So I called again to follow up on my ticket and they pretty much pretending they didn’t know what I was talking about and said sorry your tv is out of warranty and there is nothing we can do. They wanted to send a service technician out that I would have to pay for at which point I hung up. Samsung by far has the worst customer service in the industry. I’ll probably keep calling until I get some sort of resolution but the Samsung reps keep getting dumber and dumber the more I call in. 

GTV0026
Explorer
Options

I officially gave up contacting Samsung support. They are completely useless. The last person told me that it’s not a glitch because Samsung only hires top level engineers who never make mistakes in the software and that everyone’s tv that is glitching is just one big coincidence and offered absolutely no further support. I highly doubt this will ever get resolved at this point. Maybe we all call and blow up their support line at the exact same time so they get inundated with calls to actually do something about it.

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Doesn’t resolve the issue 

0 Likes
Ash McCloud
First Poster
Options

Are they going to fix this! I am not using a sound bar. But I need it to work. What garbage.

Ben Levy
Apprentice
Options

I too have the same issue. 

TV software updated to 1401 and am having audio issues with my Xbox Series X. My console is connected to my QE65Q60 via HDMI 1. My Sonos Beam is connected to my TV via HDMI ARC (port 4 I believe). 

I get audio as normal when I first power up and for the first game or app I load. However, after playing for some time (say an hour or two) if I then return to the dashboard I get no system sounds or any further sound on any other games/apps. 

The only fix I currently have is to disconnect the HDMI from the tv (that connects to the console) and plug it in again. This is an instant fix but not feasible for a wall mounted tv!

Very much hope an update/reversal is available ASAP as it renders a lot of expensive equipment pretty much useless!

Ben Levy
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same issue for me. I was wondering if this was Xbox or Sonos related but after reading this, I guess it’s Samsung related **sigh**

Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

Just hold power off on the tv remote until a Samsung logo appears. Has the same effect and fix sound for current app or game.