Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 09:43 AM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
KLW83
Apprentice
Options

I may be going back to Vizio after this ***** at least they give a ***** about their products.

0 Likes
GTV0026
Explorer
Options

Called into Samsung again. I asked to speak to a software engineer but they said the engineers don’t get on calls. I then asked if you could relay the information over to them but he said he couldn’t. I then asked well then how would they know there is an issue if we keep calling in and they can’t report it to engineer and he had no answer. I cut him off before he could walk me through “checking my cables” for the 10th time. Then when I said I’ll send him the link to this forum, he just hung up on me. So basically, the engineers will never resolve the issue because the customer service agents don’t talk to the engineers and there is no way to get a hold of the engineers so we’re all just f%cked

GTV0026
Explorer
Options

Additional update. I finally got through to a customer service agent who would acknowledge that the 1401 firmware update should have never been pushed out to our TV’s. It’s a mistake and the latest firmware update should be 1391, not 1401. For some reason, it was and he was escalating it up the chain to get this resolved and asked I call back again on Friday to check the status. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if Samsung ever does anything about this.

MBS89
First Poster
Options

I’m having this EXACT same issue. Nothing has changed with regards to my settings, cables, etc - only the 1401 update can be to blame. Hopefully Samsung sort this mess out quickly and then I’ll be switching off automatic updates for good. 

Skywallker
Explorer
Options

Well I can tell that I've harassed tech support with many calls in order to hear other technicians opinions, and they've told me, that fix could be available via https://www.samsung.com/support/ by typing your exact model number. They've told, that USB files uploaded on this site are sometimes hot-fixed. I'll doubt that it would solve anything, but I'll try later today.

0 Likes
Akjm
First Poster
Options

Yes this is an issue with Samsung latest software update 1401. Affects soundbars, 4k 120, and Xbox series X/S and PS5 audio. Factory resetting won't work, it's not your hardware (soundbars, PC, and consoles) so don't buy new stuff. It's all on Samsung to either reverse the update or wait for a new one.

I have two temporary work arounds for this issue:

1. Press and hold the remote power button for 10 seconds. Wait till you see the QLED logo on the screen then release. This should give you audio for selected apps. Repeat when theirs no audio on certain applications.

2. Switch ports from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 to HDMI 3, vice versa. This should give you temporary audio. 

The way this issue gets fix is to keep mentioning everywhere so they see it and it get fix. Honestly all they would have to do it reverse the update but hey the don't listen 🙏🏾👍🏾

DrSlump1
Explorer
Options

Hi, same problem here. After 1401 sw update the arc is broken:

i have my receiver connecterd to port 3 of my Q90R.

When i use any of the hdmi inputs of my receivers and i want to ear sounds from receiver's speakers, my tv reverts the audio output to it's internal speakers after few seconds, every time i try to set the output to the hdmi receiver. In other words, my tv commands the receiver to enable it's hdmi passthrough!

If, otherwise, i use any of the TV hdmi inputs, it has no problem keeping the audio output to the hdmi receiver.

This is frustrating...

DrSlump1
Explorer
Options

Ok, so, a collective action should solve the problem making samsung workers to remedy to their own errors.

This error broken up our tv's!

Is this planned obsolescence?

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Sadly have to wait for the next Firmware to come out. Mistake and Bugs happen, it’s also fair that it make take some time to either revert or come with a hot patch, what is unacceptable is Samsung’s lack of Acknowledgment given the size of this issue and not just let it fester. Most of these people having issues spend additional funds for the enhanced experience so it’s a shame they would be so aimless to their larger spend customers. Maybe they truly don’t care and will cut the losses and just wait for the next not normal in line version update, maybe they don’t care so others force to by a model etc etc given it’s theses are 2019 models. I truly doubt the later but silence is deafening. I been a Samsung guy for past a decade and this will be the first time I look elsewhere. 

Skywallker
Explorer
Options

I can feel your pain - I also have a lot of hope with Samsung, but such situations will not make customers more loyal to the company.

I'm also very shocked, that there is no world-wide alarm, since this is a huge issue in functionality, and I wouldn't mind to download something like 1402, which would be a rollback to state before 1401.

It seems, that old truth still lives, that auto updates should be always turned off, and before any would be performed you need to check the Internet for possible bugs and issues.

I think I will not leave this topic like this, and I will be a pain and will call Samsungs executives, first, second and third line of support until I hear any solutions or don't push those massive gears to work in my favor. Like you've said - bugs sometimes happens, but bugs are fixed not swept under carpet.