Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 03:53 PM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
Hobwell
Journeyman
Options

Similar issue here, my sound select won't stay on the receiver.  If I switch to it, the receiver comes on, then a few seconds later shuts off again and the sound select returns to "TV Sound".  It was working just fine until the update.  No luck downgrading the firmware via usb 😞

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Spoke to Samsung support they basic said sorry but cannot roll back and they do not know when next update will happen. Looking at the history of releases this might be awhile. Shame. 

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Uncheck  Anynet+ Setting if it allows, it may impact your system and attached devices. I using an AppleTV attached to my Soundbar but not ideal.

Ribstickdude
Student
Options

Does your tv have the one connect box?

0 Likes
Grant123456
First Poster
Options

Same here but a temp fix is to go to sound settings/expert settings. Switch off HDMI-eARC  Auto to off, then switch back to Auto and this will now stop it switching from soundbar to TV speakers. I found I have to do this each time I switch the TV on. Hope this helps

HelpMeKoreanTVMFR
Journeyman
Options

Yep ! Same Here...1401 blew it all up a couple of days ago.  I spent a couple of hours checking everything possible to make sure it wasn't the settings, equipment and newer cables until I found the 100's of posts all over the internet with the same issue.  I have an RU8000 with a 2009 Yamaha YSP-3000 soundbar...so in my setup because the soundbar is so old, sound only travels thru the optical cable, not the HDMI.  I need the optical cable and HDMI cable to make it work properly but I still use the Samsung remote to turn everything on/of simultaneously.  Having read several posts...my work around is the one where I move the HDMI cable from HDMI 4 earc to HDMI 3 on the TV.  Under the External device manager setting....I keep the Anynet-HDMI-CEC setting checked, but uncheck all the additional HDMI inputs (1 thru4).  Like others, I get the message at the top that the sound is not connected to HDMI 4, but it goes away in a few seconds.  Hope this works for some you!  On a side note, Let's hope Samsung fixes sooner than later.  I have 4 Samsung TV's in the house and phones...but they got out of their wheelhouse when they got in the appliance business and all of their products suffered because of it...Don't get me started on my Samsung Refrig which is on the known defect list, but they refuse to repair or replace.

Hobwell
Journeyman
Options

That does stop the power cycling, but then the receiver disappears as an audio device.  I’ve resorted to using an optical cable, but it limits the audio passing from the tv to the receiver to stereo only.

0 Likes
HelpMeKoreanTVMFR
Journeyman
Options

Most if not all optical cables carry up to 5.1 surround...any designation past that i.e DTS etc it does not.  Even as old as my soundbar, I get great sound using sterero + 3 beam or surround and I get the sound bouncing off the walls in a fairly big room with high ceilings...I was so prepared to go buy a new soundbar thinking it was finally time but that would have been a costly mistake.  How ironic...I might have chosen a Samsung and it probably would not have worked either.

0 Likes
Justin Green
Explorer
Options

No it doesn’t not

0 Likes
Justin Green
Explorer
Options

No it doesn’t not have that box

0 Likes