Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2018 Q9FN sudden HDMI-CEC issues after upgrade 1202.3

(Topic created on: 17-01-2019 07:12 AM)
mtv1
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I'm using for 3 weeks a new QExxQ9FN tv and connected it to my Yamaha RX-A820 receiver. Receiver was recognized perfectly and could switch between loudspeaker or receiver sound with no issue. Playing Netflix sound passthrough receiver it all worked. Even Plex app 3.72.1 did it perfectly. Also, my apple tv, Blu-ray player and 4K network player, it all was working nice.

Then I upgraded from 1153 to 1202.3 and installed beta plex-app.

From this point TV wouldn't recognize the receiver etc. etc.

I tried everything, remove and change cabling, until i found out the removing power from all devices solved it temporarily. It's strange that this didn't happen before the upgrade of firmware or plex-app. And now I'm in the middle of this issue. 

Couldn't reverse firmware to lower version, to be able to identify if this really caused it all. I already reset the entire tv, changed all the settings.

I've read many articles and found the power off is the best solution. But also, about signal change. I watched 4K Netflix and sound worked great with receiver. Then i stopped Netflix and default screen of receiver got back on tv (which is 1080P) and then the receiver stops with audio from tv via arc. 

Is this really the cause of my upgrade the firmware, or am i running into this HDMI CEC issue, were many others are dealing with?

It's not an issue for me not being able to change volume on receiver with tv remote or that the all devices go power on or power off, I’m using the harmony hub for those individual requests, but now not working ARC from tv to receiver for Netflix and plex is the most issue here.

I want to be able that turning on TV and turn on receiver will have a proper connection the return audio from tv to receiver via HDMI.

any help is appreciated 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mtv1
Explorer
Options
resolved, after reinstall 4k streamer, hdmi cec connector within 4k streamer "reset" everything and now it's working. Possible side effect could be hdmi cable not stable enough, will be replaced. Even netflix will work, receiver switched to arc and back to hdmi for streamer

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
mtv1
Explorer
Options
resolved, after reinstall 4k streamer, hdmi cec connector within 4k streamer "reset" everything and now it's working. Possible side effect could be hdmi cable not stable enough, will be replaced. Even netflix will work, receiver switched to arc and back to hdmi for streamer
0 Likes
rolk
First Poster
Options

Sorry, I don’t understand what “4k streamer” is that needs to be reinstalled. Do you mean reinstalling an app that streams at 4k?

Having the same problem with the 1202 update, with ARC no longer working with my Marantz 1609 setup. Even if I force it to connect by optical line out, the Samsung says it can’t find any speakers and reverts to TV speaker.

worked fine prior to update.

thanks

0 Likes
mtv1
Explorer
Options

4k streamer is a external device.

What worked for me, was disconnect all cables and power for 10 minutes. Then recabled and put power on. In my case that solved the HDMI CEC issue. Also sometimes it took a minute or so when devices try to see each other, Eventually you can disable all CEC, power off etc and check 1 by 1. 

0 Likes
KickUrArsey
First Poster
Options

if you want to forgo the waiting for 10 minutes, unplug the xbox, then turn it on, yes, turn it on, it won't work obviously, but that is the quickest way of resetting a pc and lets face it, the xbox generally, is a pc. Proof is in my pudding.

Also, the quickest way of fixing a freezed game and that includes division 2 because I get crashes as well on the one x, is load another game you need a disk for, it will complain about no disk, and then you can load division 2 again and it should load from scratch, this is the most common way I use for all game freezes on the xbox - which are way more regular than they should be for all types of games. Divison 2 I have to say, occassionally manages to crash to the point the above does not work - for that, I then just do the unplug, turn on, plugin and turn on - I reckon. 97% of freezes on all systems - will resolve the issue for at least a temporal time.

As the xbox is essentially a PC, the game caching and most other aspects are the same, so above, should solve all unless you have faulty equipment, and saves a load of time testing to fix it...

0 Likes