Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 QLED QE65Q8C picture glitches before TV shuts down and then restarts of its own accord.

(Topic created on: 22-08-2018 11:20 AM)
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately having spent €3099 on a 65 inch QLED last July the TV started to develop problems about a month ago. After approx 20 -30 mins usage, the picture would start glitching (random flashes) every minute or two before the TV would then close itself down and then restart about 15 sec later. This would then go on to repeat iteself continuously. Of note, I have read of quite a few  similar problems with other TVs on this community and on the net. The problem occurs with HDMI sources (for example, Samsung Ultra HD Bluray player) and internally (Netflix). Currently running the latest firmware and TV not set to eco mode. Even placed a fan behind the TV in order to try and keep the connect box cool as I believe that this maybe where the problems may lie. The TV was rebooted remotely by Samsung Tech but to no avail. Was then informed me that a tech would do a home visit in the next few days, but still awaiting contact (actually made sure that I was in the house for the following 3 days just in case he called either personally or on my home number). Contatced Samsung who stated that they had been trying to contact me but strangely I have no record of this on either home or mobile phone? Losing patience and confidence with Samsung at a rapid rate of knots!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options

TV 13 months old so it is up to Samsung to provide the service direct in an accordance with 1999/44/EU directive. Now experiencing severe failings with Samsung customer support. Was informed that some one would ring yesterday but nothing. Also scheduled a call, yet again,  via Samsung TV support for a call this morning. Deadline now passed and no call. this is nothing short of atrocious support from such a large organisation. Now forced to articulate the diabolical service provided by Samsung on the wider net. Also now addressing legal action for failing to comply with the UE directive.

0 Likes