Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 TVs Youtube stopped working

(Topic created on: 18-03-2020 02:08 PM)
Mark1000and1
Apprentice
Options

I have two identical 2014 Samsung Smart TVs bought together at the same time. Today 17th March 2020, Youtube stopped working on one, but is still working on the other. The one that doesn't work sometimes flashes up the Youtube logo when loading but then goes to black screen, other times it just goes black screen straight away.

I know older Samsung models i.e 2012 have a proble with Youtube but has anyone had issues with 2014 models? I have tried to find how I can update the Youtube app but my TV doesn't give me an option to do it. Any help please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mark1000and1 

Let's try and get this sorted for you. Could we take the model number and software version of the TV you're having the issue with please? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Mark1000and1
Apprentice
Options

My model number is UE48H8000ST

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Could we also take the software version please? It may be that the TV is due a software update.

0 Likes
Mark1000and1
Apprentice
Options

Software update 1410.

I tried to update but after checking for updates it said there was no updates availabke

0 Likes
Lucas51
First Poster
Options

My tv has this problem also, youtube loads the home screen and also the thumbnails , but can not load the video itself, my internet works perfectly fine on other apps but for some reason YouTube has stopped working, my tv is updated to "1550"  and my device number is "UA48JU6600" all apps are updated to the latest version aswell ,any help would be appreciated .

0 Likes