Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 YEAR OLD Q55T QLED

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 08:51 PM)
Shayhoon
Journeyman
Options

2 year old Samsung QLED TV Q55T being watched as normal suddenly started turning on and off non stop for no reason. Seems to me like a background update got altered. Samsung engineer stated the screen is damaged. How on earth is that even possible?  And the bizarre thing is, they want to replace screen for £500. How much is the TV worth now that I'd want to spend that on a TV. It seems to me a software problem and not a hardware issue. 

Has anyone experienced this before? I can't fathom what would damage a Samsung TV screen. The screen lights up with logo and shuts off at home screen. Any ideas💡 please? Doesn't it feel like a syntax in the coding of those updates clocking the Firmware so people can cough out money for repairs? 

My now on the shelf collecting dust tablet has the same issue ie constantly looping at startup. Samsung wants to repair it for £200. 🤯, it's bizarre! 

I'm starting to lose faith 😕 in Samsung having read all these problems people are having. More importantly, all my gadgets are Samsung and not cheap. Perhaps time switch back to apple. I've been using the same Apple laptop since 2008 and not one issue whatsoever, not one! Tablet's only few years old and after update from uncle Sam, it'd not load to home screen. 

After my research into these products, as it's been going on for years, I've concluded that despite rampant flaws and issues with Samsung products, sales are still being made to innocent, unknowing consumers and most importantly, proper checks and balances are not put in place to cobble together the situation as people are still forking out thousands of pounds.

I'm bitterly disappointed and absolutely no more Samsung products for me. Thanks very much. I'm now staring at a 55" waste of money. I had a Sony TV that's been knocked about, smashed up, liquid spills, used for years and yet! Not one issue with performance. #QLED @samsungsupport #TV. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
you can try to take out the battery in the remote control after you turn it on see that work, if it does then could be you remote standby button got stuck, then you need to clean it
0 Likes
Shayhoon
Journeyman
Options
Thanks so much for trying to help. I've tried that and it's still turning itself off and on. I'm looking to open the back up soon to see what I can fix. Cannot afford 😫 that sort of money on repairs higher than the actual value of the mentioned gadgets 🙄. First I need to know how to pop it open as it doesn't have any screws. A few people advised to reinstall the latest update. I can't if the TV won't stay on and I can't connect any external devices to the motherboard. Youtube is littered with faults peculiar to Samsung TV apparently. Wish I had seen some of them before purchasing this one.
0 Likes
Shayhoon
Journeyman
Options
I'll clean both remotes tonight.
0 Likes
Members_escKr9U
Journeyman
Options

Same issue happened to me. TV was rarely used. I got the QE50Q60TAU TV in December 2020, the frustrating part is that the TV was supposed to have a 5 year warranty which cannot be found in the Samsung system, they are asking me for confirmation emails for extended warranties... which I cannot find. So they get around warranty by having certain policies. They do not really care about customers. The TV broke after 2.5 years... one of their approved repair shops quoted me 531 euro to repair the TV, diagnosis being that the screen is faulty... From now on I would stay away from samsung products... lately I have issues with my S21 ultra cameras too... their products are very poor...

also the customer support is crappy, always finding a way around not to support a repair... 

such a scam with this TV i got.... paid 700 euro on it back in December 2020....

Shayhoon
Journeyman
Options
Did you manage to sort anything or you just got a new TV?
0 Likes
Shayhoon
Journeyman
Options
Mine is still here as a decoration. 20230709_150348_1000012732_1688911430.jpg
0 Likes
charlieb79
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issue
0 Likes