Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120Hz QN90B Display Refresh Rate

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 10:24 AM)
AJR22
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I would just like to ask the question and bring it to peoples attention that it looks like the 43” and 50” QN90B are not 120Hz Displays.

They both actually have 60Hz Display Refresh Rates. Samsung have confirmed this.

Unlike as shown here - https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/comparison-of-the-2022-neo-qled-4k-tvs/

8 REPLIES 8
Denox78
Journeyman
Options

Hey, I'm planning to buy the QE50QN90B does it mean I will be locked to 60hz maximum ?

I will be connecting my PC which has an RTX 3070

Where did they confirm this ? Should I buy a 55" then or I will face the same issue ?

I bought a Q50Q80B which I returned for this reason... I now have an OLED LG C2 but I really don't like the colors and brightness of OLED..

I really want to return to a Neo QLED but don't want to be in the same situation again being stuck to 60HZ No VRR

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Denox78: I've looked into this for you, and the QE50QN90B has a refresh rate up to 144hz, and supports VRR, so you'll be good to go if you're considering it for your PC set up. 

0 Likes
Denox78
Journeyman
Options

The QE50Q80B I bought was also saying refresh rate up to 144hz supporting VRR and it never worked no matter what..

Mik0
Student
Options

I know this is an oldie, but have you figured out a way to get it to work.  I cannot get it to run at 120hz at 4k, it works at 2550 x 1440, but not at 4k

0 Likes
Mik0
Student
Options

İs there a specific setup required? When I try and access the advanced display settings, it only gives me the option of 60hz for 4k resolution

0 Likes
laquandite
First Poster
Options

Both of these screens support 144 hz and VRR, all you guys are missing is an hdmi 2.1 cable, this will enable game mode and up to 144 hz for compatible devices such as a ps5 (will run at 120hz) or a newer graphics card (will run at (144hz) 

0 Likes
laquandite
First Poster
Options

Just to add on, once you get a high bandwidth HDMI cable, make sure you are plugged into the right HDMI port, not all ports offer 4k+144hz 

0 Likes
taco9
First Poster
Options

43 & 50" have 144hz. Larger models have 120hz .

Your connected device must be HDMI 2.1 compatible to avail of these refresh rates.

0 Likes