Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 YEAR OLD 50” TV wifi stopped working

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 01:44 AM)
PT440
First Poster
Options

Supremely disappointed with Samsung TV.

Spent a little extra to get a Samsung on reputation a year ago. Worked pretty well. Suddenly it stops connecting to my wifi router, which is ten feet away.

All other devices connect fine.

Did factory reset and everything.

But of course now I’m just over 1 year out of warranty. So the cost to fix will be as much as a new TV.

Never again will I buy a Samsung product. Looking for a replacement LG now. Try and sell the 50” Samsung for parts.

So disappointed in Samsung.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Have you contacted Samsung Support to go through any troubleshooting steps? What happens when you try to connect to your router - do you get an error code or anything?

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
PT440
First Poster
Options

Error 107 or something. Won't see any networks no matter what I do. Definitely not on my end. Worked perfectly for a year. No changes to my router or internet.

Contacted Samsung and they're like - "oh we'll send someone to fix it"

Cost to fix minimum is 50% of the TV's price. Not even including more parts if needed.

What's the point?

Lesson learned:

a) Don't buy Samsung products, ever.

b) When you do buy a TV, pay the extra $75 or whatever for a 5 year warranty.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PT440  Understand that you have found it somewhat frustrating.  I know you have said you tried "everything"  but may not have tried some troubleshooting techniques. Do you have the latest firmware which can be checked on the Samsung support site , you have not named the model but it can be found via a search. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ 

Ideas include the following:

switching off Tv for a minute, a soft Reset (pressing and holding  power button on Smart Remote for around 5 seconds until Tv  restarts ) and rebooting router(unplug from mains)  Another possible solution is to change the DNS settings.   Go to  Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings.   Change from Automatic to   to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. (Google servers) or 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (Open DNS)

Some information here https://thevpn.guru/configure-samsung-smart-tv-dns/ 

I take it an wired connection is not suitable for you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
PT440
First Poster
Options

7000 series 50" TV. Bought in 2021. UN50TU7000FXZA

Did the whole reset, unplugged everything including router. Plugged router, etc, in first, then TV. Nothing. Did the factory reset on the TV, and same process. Nothing. 

When going to Network - Network Settings - it gives me two options - "Wireless" or "Wired" (I cannot do wired). I click on "Wireless" and it just looks for a network, says there are no networks, and takes me back to the same screen.

I went into SmartHub (?) and into IP and DNS settings - tried all DNS settings you listed above (that are also listed elsewhere) and nothing, then it erases the DNS thing I put in after I try.

Went to update the firmware and of course there are two different upgrade files. Which one is newest? Of course, no instructions or guidance, just files (good luck!). 3.6GB of updates on the one I guessed. Nice. Plugged in "No updates needed". Wonderful.

So yeah, Samsung products are total garbage. 

Have already told the story to those stopping by recently, will continue to tell it to everyone I know.

Had a Polaroid flat screen from 2005-2013, an LG from 2013-2021. No issues. None.

1 year. 1 year, Samsung. 

What garbage.

0 Likes
PT440
First Poster
Options

Thanks for those who tried to help. Was going to leave it at that until I got a "Did you get the answer you needed?" email from Samsung.

Yeah - I got my answer...

Never buy a Samsung product again. Quality is *****.

I'll make sure to tell everyone I know. Thanks.

0 Likes
Rachel Gomez
Journeyman
Options

For any TV Wi-Fi issues that don’t require advanced diagnostics, you can try the following solutions. The methods vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but the overall troubleshooting strategy is similar.

1. Forget Wi-Fi Network and Reconnect

2.Connect to a New Wi-Fi Network

3. Allocate a Dedicated Static IP to Your TV

4. Enable Location Access on Your TV

5. Verify Date and Time Settings

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
PT440
First Poster
Options

Maybe don't make products that require users to be IT consultants.

Never buy Samsung.

0 Likes