Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wipe cache partition every few days

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 10:13 PM)
Hbukhat
Explorer
Options
I think it has been mentioned by few other people here but I thought would just post this in case any one hasn't seen the previous posts. I have found that if you wipe the cache partition every few days it minimises the amount of times your phone restarts as well make your phone perform better as well. It's definitely worth a try. 

You can try to 'wipe cache partition' through the Recovery mode:
1. Turn off your device 
2. Connect your device to the PC via USB (not to the charger) 
3. Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears 
4. Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and hold them until the device turns on 
5. Recovery menu should appear 
6. from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).
15 REPLIES 15
squishy777
Pioneer
Options
I've not had a restart issue yet
DianDD
Voyager
Options
No restart problems for everyone, think it isn't very helpful if it only reduces it.... have you tried factory reset?
G0UDG
Voyager
Options
No restart issues here as yet
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree with @DianDD  that factory reset after backing up might be a better option.   Wiping the cache partition can be beneficial  at times  but  has not had the desired effect.   No restart issues for me either, though know problem for some.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Stonecold65
Pioneer
Options
Mine is rebooting every hour, driving me mad. Wiping cache partition helped for about a day but now its worse than ever.
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
For point 2, you can also connect to USB C headsets instead of a PC. As some have mentioned too, a factory reset is ultimately the best option.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Hbukhat,

Indeed, the option to 'wipe cache partition' often helps but still it's worth reporting the issues via the Samsung Members app as soon as they occur. This way our developers can analyze the problems and make sure they won't again appear 😊.

0 Likes
Hbukhat
Explorer
Options
Oh no, that's not good at all. For me it's been helping quite abit.
0 Likes
Hbukhat
Explorer
Options
100% agree. I do send feedback and logs as much as possible..