Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary SOLUTION for lag and freeze

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 11:45 AM)
Ahassona
Pioneer
Options
We haven't received an update for 3 weeks now and we all agree that Beta 2 is horrible and makes our devices useless! It's hard to cope with it but I have some temporary solutions that I've been using to limit the frequency of this issue. 
The solution is to install Galaxy Max Hz app and to use bixby routines.
Here is a step by step guide:

1) Google "Galaxy Max Hz apk XDA developers"
2) download and install the apk from xda website (its safe) 
3) Open the app and give the required permissions then scroll down to the bottom and select "Force Lowest Hz"

Now the next stage is to setup a bixby routine to change the screen refresh rate when pressed and reverse when pressed again. Because of Beta 2, I tend to use 60Hz as my default. So the bixby routine changes the display to 120hz then back to 60hz. Believe me, this helps a lot.

Now add a bixby routine widget to the home screen and whenever your device starts lagging/freezing again, just press that widget 2 times. 

Hopefully we won't wait much longer for the fix! 

Let me know if this helps you! 
3 REPLIES 3
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Ahassona,

Thank you for sharing your tips with other users. Hopefully the next Beta update will be available soon! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
Virtruvious
Pioneer
Options
I've found opening the camera app also fixes the lag, just bind the double tap on the camera app to the home key and press whenever it happens.

Works everytime.
0 Likes
Ahassona
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for sharing this. Will try it
0 Likes