Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Beta Bugs? Here's the solution...

(Topic created on: 26-10-2022 06:13 PM)
mattygaga2015
Journeyman
Options
Literally, factory data reset.

Back up your entire phone, everything to the cloud, backup your authenticator apps, make sure your WhatsApp chats are backed up, then do a full wipe. Once that wipe is completed, enter recovery mode, wipe cache partition and do a recovery mode "wipe all data" too.

Hey presto, all your problems are solved.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
Yep exactly that! It is only once these steps are complete that you can truly say you have a bug.
However I can't remember how many times I have forgotten to backup my authenticator app 😂
On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just do a wipe cache and repair apps.

I reset my phone once every six months and after a major update like I'll do when the final android 13 is released.

I love manually installing my apps as when and never back them up.
Only photos, contacts and WhatsApp is backed up.
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @mattygaga2015,

Thanks for sharing 😊  Also, just a simple wipe cache partition, which removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device is quick and all personal files and settings are not affected

Have a good day!

Tariq_786
Pioneer
Options
All this does not work in solving my issue (Google Wallet).
I have done a factory reset twice now, wiped the partition cache restored from previous backup on my to be informed that I am STILL on TP1A Beta.
You cannot imagine how annoying and frustrating that is

According to Samsung I am ON the official Android 13 release, but my build number still says TP1A.

The last security update I had was in October 2022. Subsequent security updates November and December have been released but I cannot update to them

Samsung Support are absolutely no help.

I am extremely disappointed with this lack of support.

0 Likes