Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube on a Samsung S8 Ultra Tablet not auto selecting the highest resolution

(Topic created on: 23-10-2022 02:33 PM)
Aide199
Explorer
Options

I've just recently purchased a new Samsung s8 Ultra tablet and I'm loving it,  however  one issue I've found is that YouTube is not auto selecting the highest resolution for video playback.

I have gone into Video Quality Preferences in the YouTube settings and have tried both, Auto and Higher Picture Quality options but none of these options select the highest video resolution. 

How do I get YouTube to automatically select the highest resolution? 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Aide199: This might depend on the content you're viewing, as it might exceed the capabilities of your Tab S8 Ultra. If you have 'Auto' selected in the Video quality preferences, then select a video and check the resolution, is Auto still selected here? If so, what additional, higher resolutions are available to you? 

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Probably may have to use YouTube premium to have the higher resolution feature, I could be wrong but I know that they have a subscription fee for that service if you want to view video content at the highest frequency.
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Ye I think you are right.
0 Likes
TechnoLogical
Voyager
Options
It might be that your tablet might not have a higher resolution or you dont have good wifi
0 Likes