Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not run Software Update via USB-C Ethernet

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 11:53 AM)
Eevie
Student
Options

Hello,

I have a few Samsung Galaxy A7 10.4s running the latest version of Android 10.  I am using a USB-C PoE adapter to power the devices and give them internet connectivity.  While this works, it does *not* allow software updates unless connected to wi-fi.  

I believe this to be a security setting somewhere, but I cannot find it.  Can anyone assist me?  I need to be able to run software updates over a wired connection, as these will not be on wi-fi for security reasons and ease of use.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Assuming you don't have access to a windows PC?
0 Likes
Eevie
Student
Options

Not for this project use. I do have access to a Windows PC of course, but we are using the tablets. The project is for employee timeclocks, and it requires an android or apple tablet.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
You can update devices via Smartswitch programme on a Windows PC using a USB cable, if you are able to update them that way.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
maybe it's a knox profile function you can alter from the Knox management utility, it's not a management utility I've tried personally but it's meant for managing tablet security across multiple devices
0 Likes
soundmaking
First Poster
Options

hi eevie

what device are you using for powering A7 and providing power at the same time?

i want to do the same, with zero success so far

0 Likes
LiorC
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution? Anyone?

I am facing the same problem, i got Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 connected with usb-c ethernet adapter and it loads up an error while trying to do a software update...

Google play updates / surfing with browsers / Samsung store / everything works fine, only software updates not working...

Thanks,

Lior.