Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi keeps dropping after updates

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 06:38 AM)
Shane666
Explorer
Options
Galaxy tab a 8, WiFi is saying connected but no Internet. Having to keep toggling the WiFi on and off all the while, started after the android 13 update.... Driving me crazy! 
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try forgetting the Wi-Fi connection in your devices settings and then go ahead and reset up the Wi-Fi connection to see if that helps @Shane666 

As a process of elimination try connecting to another Wi-Fi connection such as a friwnds Home Broadband Router or coffee shop etc and see how stable the connection is.

My Wi-Fi connection has remained stable since the very latest software update so I'm not entirely convinced it's the update causing the conflict.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Shane666
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the reply, I've done all that, but still happens? The last time the exclamation Mark appeared next to the WiFi fan, "connected with no Internet" appeared I tapped the battery saving mode on and the connection came back??? Its been good now for about 5 hours... Not sure why this has solved the problem??
Gregk64
Navigator
Options
Unlike the moderator I am convinced it is the Android 13 update that has caused this on a S20 as the same problem occurred with me, I managed to fix it by turning of all Intelligent WiFi settings and phone calling over WiFi. Since doing this it has become much more stable.
Shane666
Explorer
Options
It's definitely the 13 update, because everything with my set up is exactly the same. I also turned off my "adaptive battery" setting. My galaxy a22 5g phone is fine though, its just my tablet a8 10.4. Or is it the ui 5.0 update?? I'm not tech savvy enough to work it out to be honest with you.... The battery saving on is still working, so I'll stick with that..... Cheers
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Similar issues here with s21 ultra, tab s7 and s20 fe, thought it was a wifi issue but clearly an android 13 issue
Groose
First Poster
Options

I agree. Since the update and when my S21 phone has Wi-Fi turned on my home Wi-Fi download speed drops to 0.1 Mbps and all other devices in the house are unable to use home Wi-Fi. When I turn Wi-Fi off on my phone the home Wi-Fi speeds go back to normal. I have also noticed battery does not last as long as normal.

I have had 2 engineers checking my line and router which test OK . I have reset my phone, cleared cache on apps I have used, but the problem still persists.

Since I have no mobile signal at home I depend on wi-fi calling so my phone is rendered useless.

0 Likes
dragontart
Student
Options

Me too! I'm having problem these 2 days after updating to the ONE UI software. I'm figuring out whats causing the problem... I've tried all ways from forgetting network.. restarting the phone... power off and on my wifi... my connection still drops and then stuck at that fan with an "!" mark.

I just found out that there is this function called the Intelligent Wifi. 

Go to Settings. Connections. Click onto your WiFi. Top right corner 3dots. Click Intelligent Wi-Fi. I OFF both "Switch to better WiFi network" , "Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically".

I'm not having any problem for about 10mins already.. let me try playing a game to see if the WiFi network will drop again... try it! And let me know if it works for u!

Shane666
Explorer
Options
I've been receiving update requests from the Google playstore. Something called "WiFi provisioner", so I downloaded the app update and I just get one dropout a day now. So I think Google have realised there's a problem and they're trying to solve it without using a full system update. Anyway it's tolerable now touch wood
Shane666
Explorer
Options
So it's definitely Google android update problem and not Samsung ui....