Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Wifi drop out issues

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 08:27 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Hi , for a few months now it my Tab S7 Plus (WiFi only)  seems to loose WiFi connection after a few minutes of watching YouTube or Tiktok or some other video , I have to turn wifi off and on again , my virgin WiFi is stable on my S21 ultra , not got the same issue ? 
Any suggestions ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
cgarethc
First Poster
Options

Something like this starting happening to me for no apparent reason (no apps installed, no OS update). I tried the usual steps suggested by everyone: resetting the network settings, running safe mode, wiping the cache partition. Nothing worked. I was going to factory reset, when I decided that I should see if there is a way to examine the detailed wifi logs on the device for clues. I followed these instructions to access the log: https://whatsabyte.com/internet/wi-fi-verbose-logging/

As soon as I'd enabled switched on developer mode and enabled verbose wifi logging, the wifi problems mysteriously resolved. I suspect there's something either about entering developer mode, turning on the verbose logging, or connecting to a computer with USB and Android Studio that cleared a value somewhere that was causing the problem. I've now disabled verbose wifi logging and switched developer mode back off, and everything is working fine!

0 Likes
velicious
Apprentice
Options

Samsung should be paying you instead of those "Reset your device" bots.

0 Likes
Spiv63
Explorer
Options
I can't see which diagnostic relates to WiFi, already run diagnostic
0 Likes
Spiv63
Explorer
Options
I see this is an older post but I have virgin v6 hub and eero mesh and recently my phone is dipping very quickly in and out of WiFi. Problem is I have run diagnostic test inbuilt into phone and I cannot figure out if it tests for WiFi phone connection faults. It has happened now 2 days consecutively and draining my battery as a consequence. Not sure what to do as virgin reset something and has been OK since but I got the same result restarting phone. Should I be looking elsewhere to determine if its phone fault or network? Partner had same issue yesterday but not today!!! Oh an tv broadband worked throughout my WiFi issues
0 Likes