Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Wifi drop out issues

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 09:07 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Hi , for a few months now it my Tab S7 Plus (WiFi only)  seems to loose WiFi connection after a few minutes of watching YouTube or Tiktok or some other video , I have to turn wifi off and on again , my virgin WiFi is stable on my S21 ultra , not got the same issue ? 
Any suggestions ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
13 REPLIES 13
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Couple of suggestions;
- Restart the device.
- Clear cache of apps causing the issue.
- Uninstall/disable any apps that use Wi-Fi intensively.
- Turn off background data for apps that use up a lot of Wi-Fi. This option is found in each app when you go into settings 😀.
- Try running a diagnostic test to make sure it is not a hardware issue. You can do this in the Samsung Members app.

Hope this helps!
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If this helps, please can you click the three dots on my comment and select the 'accept solution' option? Thank you! 😀
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
That's far too much for me to try but will help you out for what it's worth
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
SeanFatal12
Journeyman
Options
Hey easty, has the device been upgraded to android 11, one UI 3?

If so, don't try any of the suggestions that people post, such as resetting the device or network settings, wiping the cache, blah blah blah....

They're the same BS suggestions that almost everywhere says, this is a known issue since the android 11 upgrade, Samsung are aware of it and apparently will 'fix this in a later update' other than keeping your device up to date and checking patch notes, there is literally nothing you can do. I've had the same issue with my brand new s21 since the day I got it (back in april).
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
My S21's ok , we should get an update in July for Tablet so hopefully they'll sort it then
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
SeanFatal12
Journeyman
Options
Hopefully bud
0 Likes
GBR13697
Journeyman
Options
I had similar problems on a Tab S6 and a laptop, whilst other devices were OK. I also have Virgin, and a Hub 3. I use a BT Whole Home mesh system for wifi, so the Hub 3 is in Modem only mode. I was suspicious of the actual routing being done by the Hub 3, so I bought a separate wired router (not wifi - just to do the routing). All the problems vanished, and even my Ring chimes started working again. I now have a Virgin Hub 3 acting as a modem, a Draytec wired router, and the BT mesh looking after the wifi. In my opinion the Hub 3 is really not good at routing, and just fails to connect some devices to the internet.
0 Likes
Pferdesteak
First Poster
Options

Hey there!

I am still having the same issue... Any news? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
helpfgs
First Poster
Options
Help! I bought a new Samsung S21 to replace my S9 ONLY because my S9 kept ondropping out of my wifi. All was well so I thought it must have been a problem with the handset. However now after spending the best part of £1000 I have the same problem with my S21. What is the reason, any ideas?
0 Likes