Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What's the difference between the Galaxy S6 tab and the Galaxy S6 tab LTE (or is it Galaxy S6 tab Lite)?

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 05:29 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

I'm interested in purchasing a Galaxy S6 tablet with either 128GB or 256GB storage but am being confused at the different versions of this tablet sellers have on offer. In particular there seems to be a model described simply as Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet and another model usually described as Samsung Galaxy S6 LTE tablet. Just to further confuse the issue there are some sellers who describe there being also a model they call Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite tablet. Are the LTE  and Lite  the same model or different models - I wish sellers would agree? Nowhere can I find a straightforward explanation of what the difference is between all these. To add to the confusion between sellers, sometimes the LTE  / Lite  are shown as significantly more expensive than the straight  Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet yet sometimes the prices are the other way around.

Can someone please tell me what are the differences between all these similarly names tablets in terms of features from a users point of view?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

As you suggested, I went to the Samsung site and started a chat with a Samsung representative. Unfortunately I got even more confused when they told me the standard S6 tablet was no longer manufactured and the confusion continued when they didn't clarify the difference between the "discontinued" S6 and the Lite / LTE models. My questions remain: in particular what exactly is the difference between these models? It seems I have to put my Sherlock Holmes hat on to solve this puzzle. Is the Lite the same or different from LTE model and what are the differences between them and standard S6 in terms of individual features?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@WobSleptHere: Just to clarify, the Tab S6 LTE has mobile network capabilities if you insert a SIM, while the Tab S6 Lite is like the Tab S6, but with slightly scaled down specs. For instance you get 4K@30fps video recording capabilities on the Tab S6, versus FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps on the Tab S6 Lite, and 8GB of RAM instead of 4GB. To check out the full specs for both devices, please check the links below.

Tab S6 LTE: https://www.samsung.com/uk/business/tablets/galaxy-tab-s6-4g-256gb/sm-t865nzalbtu/

Tab S6 Lite: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-s/galaxy-tab-s6-lite-10-4-inch-gray-64gb-wi-fi-sm-p610...

0 Likes
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
The S6 Lite is a different model to the S6, both come in an LTE or WiFi varient (hence 4 different devices). The S6 was superseded by the S7 hence no longer manufactured.

I'm struggling to see how this is so difficult considering the info available if you search the internet, but i'm technical so is type of stuff i do a lot but still!!

Hopefully this makes it easier to understand https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10158&idPhone2=9781

Bottom line is if wanting 128/256GB then will have to be the S6 (not the lite version) from somewhere, or as Samsung no longer manufacture would be the S7 Tablet unless compromise on the smaller storage space with the lite version.
0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

Thanks, I'll take a look at your suggested links. I have a Samsung Galaxy A51 phone which I'm very happy with and had no problem with its specification when I bought it. That's why I now also interested in buy a Samsung tablet but wasn't aware how complicated it would be to choose a model. In principle I like the Galaxy S6 but unfortunately I feel Samsung has made choosing one difficult by giving slightly confusing different names to the models. For example I've found many sellers confuse me by not making it clear there's a distinction between LTE and Lite. Up to now I've assumed that all Galaxy S6 tablets with given names such as LTE, LiTE and Lite refer to the SAME model. Then some sellers talk about a Galaxy S6 tablet Wifi which suggests to me that possibly the plain Galaxy S6 tablet doesn't support Wifi. Then yesterday during online chat with Samsung "expert"  she had significant difficulty answering my questions and, after keeping me waiting a long time, she told me that what she referred to as the Galaxy S6 tablet (without additional letters)  is no longer manufactured. So which (if any) is the Galaxy S6 tab model no longer being manufactured by Samsung?

0 Likes
Solution
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
The 'WiFi' and 'LTE' in the product names just refer to the tablets network connectivity capabilities, for example,

Samsung Tab S6 WiFi = the tablet is only able to connect to the internet by joining a WiFi network (this is the 'plain' version as such)

Samsung Tab S6 LTE = the tablet can connect to the Internet by inserting a sim card (just like a phone is able to) as well as joining a WiFi network

So base your choice on WiFi or LTE version on if you need to use the tablet away from home/work where a WiFi network is unavailable.

The 'Lite' in the product name is referring to the lower specifications compared to the higher specifications of the Samsung Tab S6, it will offer lesser storage/ram, lower quality screen, not able to connect to a Samsung keyboard, and of course for these compromises, a lower price.
0 Likes