Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What plug do I use for Samsung Galaxy S8 tablet?

(Topic created on: 23-05-2023 08:53 PM)
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me?

I have ordered the Samsung Galaxy S8 tablet and it doesn't come with the plug, I'm unsure which plug to get? Do I use a 25W or 45W charger - does it matter which?

I have an Samsung galaxy S21 plus phone, could I use that to charge my S8 tablet [the plug]?

[Sorry for the dumb question!]

Many thanks! 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
25w charger is probably the sweet spot for the cost and will charge reasonably quickly.

I personally wouldn't go to the expense of a 45w charger as there is not enough of a gain for the extra cash and I don't like wasting £'s

There's plenty of info on this subject on Google if you want to know more about it.
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Thank you for your comment.

Sorry I was unsure and needed confidence.

Sorry if it was dumb! ;D

Thank you!
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Your welcome. No such thing as a dumb question, like yourself I like to make sure what I buy is what I need, if I don't know I ask.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I just bought another Samsung 45w charger from Amazon the other day for £17.50. It was being sold direct from Amazon at a 50% discount for £22.50 but I managed to get £5 off for listening to a podcast. If you can get it for a good deal like this then go for it, it charges my tablet in the middle %'s of charge much faster, especially when I'm using it whilst it's charging. It's not very noticeable if you're not using it and planning to fully charge it. The 25W official charger with cable is currently £14.95 on Amazon.
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Yes absolutely!

Thank you again. :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Thank you for the heads up. I am looking at wall chargers now. 👀
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
@Jamny97 do you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 base model, + or Ultra?
0 Likes