Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB c ear phones not recognised

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 09:16 AM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , got the tab s8+ , I've tried my Samsung earphones with a Samsung earphone jack to USB c adapter but when I plug them in to my S8+ it say not recognised , anyone know of a work around ? Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
You may have to buy headphones with a USB-C connector
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hiya ( again lol ) bit of a pain really , had to buy a 45w charger too ! It really is a joke that these things don't come with them , thanks though 

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Well Barrie , I bought a pair of " Samsung " wired headphones, the akg ones ( said Samsung on their site anyway ) they work on my S8+ but don't sound as good as the " real " akg ones 

Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

Sometimes your smartphone will not detect the headphones correctly. you have to clear the cache of the USB-c port. To do this, read the instructions given below:

go to Preferences of your Samsung Galaxy S21
Applications
System applications
USB Setting to clear cache

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Plug your Pixel USB-C earbuds into your phone.
Start setup: If you see a notification that says "Pixel USB-C earbuds connected," tap Finish setup. If you don't see a notification, press and hold Home . Then tap Finish headphones setup.
Follow the steps on the screen

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I don't have pixel USB earphones, I've always had Samsung akg ones , don't know where you got pixel ones from lol anyway it's fixed now , got some Samsung akg ones and it all works fine, thanks 👍🏻

0 Likes
Members_3VR9JvP
First Poster
Options

Usb C in Samsung is a ***** joke

0 Likes
Members_3VR9JvP
First Poster
Options

These USB C earphones have a mind of their own. They work only when they want to!

0 Likes
Anyi24
First Poster
Options
My S21 plus can't recognise the new type c AKG earphone
0 Likes