Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to take screenshot on my Galaxy S6 Tab LTE

(Topic created on: 27-11-2021 10:51 AM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

I am trying to take a screenshot on my Galaxy S6 Tab LTE but can't find a way of doing it. I've been told to either:

• Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
  • If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.

But neither of these work as they only give me options to either Power off or Restart.What do I have to do to take a screenshot?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

Thank you. Reading though the options, neither the Tablet keys nor Palm swipe (not supported by Tab S6 Lite) sections solved the problem. Fortunately, I have a working S pen. Using that I finally located the Screen write button which will capture the screenshot.

I hope I never loose ability to use S pen, otherwise it seems screenshots can never be taken by Tab S6 Lite .

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Take screenshots on your Galaxy tablet

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050693/#:~:text=You%20can%20capture%20a%20screenshot,....
0 Likes
Solution
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

Thank you. Reading though the options, neither the Tablet keys nor Palm swipe (not supported by Tab S6 Lite) sections solved the problem. Fortunately, I have a working S pen. Using that I finally located the Screen write button which will capture the screenshot.

I hope I never loose ability to use S pen, otherwise it seems screenshots can never be taken by Tab S6 Lite .

0 Likes
janeybobs
Journeyman
Options
How do I take a screenshot from my phone A52 plz help
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@janeybobs: To take a screenshot, please press the Volume Down and Side Keys together for about 1 second until you see the edges of the screen flash. To view the screenshot, tap on the resulting menu toolbar at the bottom of the screen, or head to the Gallery app > Albums > Screenshots. 

You can also head to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Palm Swipe To Capture, which allows you to swipe your hand across the screen to capture a screenshot. As an added option, head to Settings > Display > Edge Panels > On > Panels > Tasks, and add a tick above the panel to enable it. This contains a Screenshot option by default, however if you can't see it then tap on Edit below the panel, and add it from here via the Advanced Features options at the bottom of the list of Tasks. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Todeye
First Poster
Options
People keep posting the same answer. It ought to work but doesn't. I have tried everything I can think of, or Google, and I am not new to tablets and smartphones. Samsung say it works but it doesn't. Anyway not for me and quite a few other people. Get used to it, some versions of the Tab S6 Lite do not have a working screenshot function. Luckily it is possible to grab the screen with the side menu, which is actually more convenient than the pen menu and can be accessed without the pen. So it is not a disaster, but I wish the instructions were correct.
0 Likes