Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typing macrons with the new samsung s8 physical keyboard

(Topic created on: 26-03-2022 03:13 AM)
Mangomochi
First Poster
Options

Hi, i have purchased the slim keyboard book cover for my new galaxy tab s8 for school work. Due to the language i speak (māori) i am constantly using macrons . However, i have not been able to find a function on the physical keyboard that allows me to type macrons easily. With other acented letters in the samsung keyboard lauguage database, most of the time all you have to do is hit the esc key followed by the desired vowel (eg, àèìòù etc,). But, this does not seem to be an option for the māori language as a macron, which seems very stupid to me as māori doesnt even use any accented letters apart from macrons.  I am currently resorting to opening up the digital keyboard and long-pressing, which is super annoying considering how fast i type. Is there an easier way to type macrons on the physical keyboard? On windows i simply have the māori language downloaded, and all i do is hit the esc key followed by the vowel to create a vowel with a macron. I have a 2000 word essay completely in māori due next week, so if i don't find a solution i think i might go crazy! Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Ellen24
First Poster
Options

Hi there, did you ever get a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem. 

0 Likes