Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfers

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 04:42 PM)
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options
How do I transfer file from Laptop to Galaxy Tablet.  Can go reverse way but not other
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just use Bluetooth.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Works both ways for me with Kubuntu via KDE Connect over WiFi. Tried on W10, working both ways for that too via USB
AndrewL
Options

@chuckcharl: It depends on the file type, however you can also use Smart Switch to transfer files to and from your tablet. Please follow the link below, click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version from here.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

chuckcharl
Explorer
Options
I have videos on my PC which I want to transfer to my Galaxy Tablet. Still having problems
0 Likes
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options
Tried but doesn't work when transferring videos from PC to Galaxy Tablet
0 Likes
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options
No idea what Kubuntu or KDE Connect is. Just want to transfer some videos from PC to Galaxy Tablet
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried a cable connection? For to work you will need to download Samsung USB drivers to your PC.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Kubuntu is a version of a Linux operating system which uses a desktop interface that Microsoft based Windows 10 on. It's actually better for connectivity with Android devices because the necessary USB drivers are pre-loaded. You can run Kubuntu from a USB stick without installing it if you want to try transferring the videos with that. Either way, Linux or Windows you need to put the phone into transfer mode via the USB connection notification. Tap it to choose an option for media transfer protocol (MTP).
0 Likes