Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Transfer data from an iPad to a Samsung Galaxy tablet?

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 10:15 AM)
geordiejohn
First Poster
Options

Hello my wife's cousin has an iPad but she is going to buy a Samsung Galaxy tablet but I don't know which one yet,she has asked me to transfer all her data over,does anyone know of an easy way to do it please? 

I have got a mac mini running Catalina or a laptop running Manjaro Linux.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@geordiejohn: The easiest way to transfer data from your iOS device to your Galaxy tablet would be via Smart Switch. To find out more, please check the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-switch-from-ios/

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@geordiejohn: The easiest way to transfer data from your iOS device to your Galaxy tablet would be via Smart Switch. To find out more, please check the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-switch-from-ios/

Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Dont ! Tell her to get a new Ipad as it gets regular updates unlike my Tab S6 thats being ignored by Samsung !
Still not had September security update or One UI 2.5 , its a serious consideration. to make .
Also more Apps are optioned for Ipad so work better . I came from Ipad Pro and wished I hadn't...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Lolito69
First Poster
Options

Well, if you actually red the update policy for a Tab S6 lite, you would know that it would get 1 year of OS update and then a quarterly release schedule for security updates

Also, the “more optimized apps for iPad” is such a dumb joke it’s not even funny anymore. Facebook doesn’t have dark mode, Instagram is a shame, YT doesn’t allow PiP, all of which I can do on a Sammy Tab. The only real argument is pro apps, which represent MAYBE 5% of the user-base. In other words, lo

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
You're replying to comments I made back in 2020 ? If you read my reply correctly I had a tab S6 not s6 lite , so your snotty reply isn't relevant to when the comments were actually posted
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Lolito69
First Poster
Options

So, your only 2 arguments are "you answered a comment from 2020" and that I wrote an extra word... Wow, hopefully you're not a lawyer, cause otherwise you couldn't live 😂

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Oh wow , you're a proper keyboard warrior aren't you big man ! 🤣
I've a tab s7 plus now which is far superior to Tab s6 and on par with ipads so my comments back then aren't relevant to the upgrades samsung have made with there tab s line , wouldn't recommend ipad over them now 🙄
Also this is a community to help other samsung users get the best out of their devices not twitter so keep your petty minded comments to yourself
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Lolito69
First Poster
Options

Good for you then? But I answered to the comment made in 2020 where you we're recommending ipad before galaxy tab, the fact that you changed your mind now is irrelevant

Also, you're the one that attacked mw first, so you should chill lol

0 Likes