Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in offer is unfair to UK customers

(Topic created on: 15-08-2020 11:17 AM)
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
When I ordered the Tab S7 plus, I also wanted to take advantage of Samsung's trade in offer using my Tab S6 but it's not on the list of trade in models. Contacted Samsung & was told that they never use last years flagship devices as a trade in, it's just not done. Well colour me shocked at my discovery at Samsung's US site you CAN trade in last years flagship Tab S6, so i rechecked the UK site to see if the list had been amended. But no Tab S6 is STILL NOT listed as part of the trade in deal. We in the UK seem to be discriminated against yet again. First only retailing the 128GB SSD 6GB Ram version (the US gets to order up to a 512GB SSD version) and here, now limiting the trade in offer what's going on, i hate to be treated as a fool or a dumb stooge especially in these worrying virus filled & belt tightening times. Don't know if Samsung meant this platform as a self help community, or not but when I see sharp practice by any company or individual I will always confront it head-on. Who makes the decisions on offers and benefits for customers at Samsung, are they targeting sales by offering advantageous incentives only to countries they favour. Is this sharp business practice or good business strategy, I know what I believe. My plan B is to trade in my S6 to CEX & hope I get a good price. Probably around the same price as the genuine Samsung keyboard cover for the S7+ £250.00, see Amazon or Argos for details. 
3 REPLIES 3
evohicks
Navigator
Options
Think yourself lucky you get the Snapdragon 865+! they only offer the Exynos 990 version chipset for us pre ordering the Note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
MacSteve
Journeyman
Options

Not sure if its a UK specific thing with that Dennycrane, but on Samsung Ireland (which generally seems to be cahoots with Samsung UK on product availability/marketing) they added the S6 to the list of options a few days ago after a number of mails were raised.

300 euro for the main, 200 for the Lite.

Somewhat passable offer, but you could probably get a little more even from the likes of CEX by including the keyboard cover (which most S6 owners got for free in any case).

Holding off for the time being in any case (the fact its only the book cover as a gift with the S7+ is far from an incentive). Would definitely be going the import route in any case.

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Yes it is a UK thing with that Dennycraine, haven't been called "that" since before me & my wife split 🤫🥳. Anyway I'm a Samsung fan, my Tab S6 although a bit slow for some of the more memory intensive apps, it did it's job well. It feels to me I'm being punished for staying loyal to them. Why should I not receive the same inducements as everyone else. I'm seriously considering cancelling my pre-order and buy a gaming laptop (not Samsung) that will cost more or less the same as buying the S7 Plus, a micro SD, the keyboard cover & using the trade in money from CEX. I don't want to because the tablet form factor suits my needs but having less storage, less ram & not having access to the advantageous offers others do seems a contemptuous step too far. Sammy giving us a whammy & not in a nice way. This as ever is my own opinion take it or leave it, it's up to the community to decide with their hard earned.