Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in lost by royal mail

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 02:16 PM)
gellerbing
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone had their trade in device lost by royal mail? 

I bought a tab S8 using the trade in, I posted my old device the day after receiving the new tablet using the pre paid label samsung sent me.
I thought all had gone fine, until this message popped up on my tablet. So I checked the status of my collected parcel and its saying it is still in my local sorting office and has been since 17th October, so I'm guessing royal mail has lost it! Has this happened to anyone else? What was the outcome? I'm worried about losing the ability to use my own tablet because of royal mail incompetence.

17 REPLIES 17
mickyrb
Pioneer
Options
Thats really annoying, i used to work for royal mail, and sometimes things are lost. Royal mail have been on strike, maybe thats the reason. In the old days you used to be able to go to the sorting office and fill a lost item form in. If the items tracked royal mail should know were it is. Best of luck.
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Strikes have screwed up Royal Mail. I returned stuff to Amazon and it took nearly a month. Samsung need to recognise this and give some sort of leeway. Locking a device is not on.
gellerbing
Apprentice
Options
I've messaged samsung and they said they have delayed the return to allow more time. I hope this means they will delay locking my tablet, but so far the same message is there.
Chooii
Pathfinder
Options
My flip 3 trade in has been lost. I posted it on the 6th September and the online tracking is still showing as being at the post office. Klarna have resumed taking payments for it. Everyone, klarna, Samsung and Royal Mail are investigating but nothing yet.
0 Likes
gellerbing
Apprentice
Options
Hope you get it resolved, it's so annoying! Have samsung locked your device?
0 Likes
Chooii
Pathfinder
Options
No. Not yet. Hoping they won't.
0 Likes
gellerbing
Apprentice
Options
Update incase anyone is in the same boat.

A week after samsung delaying locking my tablet, they eventually locked it! I contacted them once again expressing my outrage at them locking it for something that's not my fault, and told them yet again that they need to contact royal mail to file a lost parcel report. All I got back was them delaying the locking again, by unlocking it temporarily. Now it's a matter of wondering when it will he locked a second time
0 Likes
Members_55wWIuO
First Poster
Options

Hi

Any update on this I am in the exact situation with my phone.

Posted on the 21st of November royal mail now saying the item is lost. 

0 Likes
CodeApe
Journeyman
Options

I'm also in the same situation though royal mail tracking says it's been delivered!

Samsung customer support aren't very understanding...

Full on Samsung fanboy, got a Samsung phone (have had them for the past 15 years), watch 5 (traded in old galaxy watch), and just traded in old Samsung tablet for a new one, this whole remote locking / ransom ware thing has put me right off.

0 Likes