Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason why Samsung Customer Service is so appalling

(Topic created on: 14-04-2022 08:47 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Verge: Disconnected: Samsung.com sales reps say the system makes them work for free.

A few excerpts.

But during a March 31st video call with experts, a recording of which was shared with The Verge, a Samsung employee described the chat platform the experts use as a “hybrid” for both customer service and sales and encouraged them to keep handling support chats even though they may not have the training.

When one expert said he wasn’t sure they should be doing customer service chats, pointing out that those chats didn’t really help with their conversion rate, she doubled down. “I want to encourage you to continue to do that.” She said providing excellent customer service would help with customer retention, which would help with the experts’ CSAT scores.

Samsung e-commerce and e-promoters sales manager Scott Walker said on the March 31st call that the sales experts should think of their customer service work as a team effort. “You kind of have to focus on the whole team intermeshed with our brand,” Walker said. If experts “make the customer really feel good about the information that you’re telling them, they’re going to come back. You may not get that sale, but somebody else will.”

While experts are supposed to get credit for a sale if a customer buys within two weeks of a chat, at least five experts told The Verge they aren’t always seeing that in practice.

Samsung refused to comment for this story after repeated requests, directing us to Ibbu. In an email to The Verge, Ibbu says that misdirected chats represent only a small percentage of customers that the sales experts handle.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Explains a lot unfortunately
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes must admit quick a few chats, where the operator seemed to be doing something else

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
My most recent interaction was with 4 different people who never read what I typed properly in the first place and insisted I tried a load of unrelated settings to the lockscreen issue I was asking them to address by adding a timeout value selector for credentials entry. The answers included use face recognition with a bright light on which would go down like a lead balloon if I am struggling to sleep and want to read at night. Not to mention the front camera is rubbish on the Tab A7 even in good lighting.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sadly the whistle-blower has been fired, if Samsung had any integrity they would ditch Ibbu as it is clearly the reason why over the last 2 years their Customer service has gone from bad to a total disaster

The Verge: A Samsung.com 'expert' has been fired after speaking up about working for free.
https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/13/23067868/samsung-expert-ibbu-terminated-pay

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A pertinent exampleSmartSelect_20220514-061853_Google News_12857_1652505533.jpg

0 Likes