Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tabs6 wont work with Dex for PC with Windows 10 Pro

(Topic created on: 15-06-2020 06:45 PM)
Akkk
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I have the galaxy Tab s6. Great tablet but i have issues with Dex for pc. I have installed the dex application on the pc, as well as smart switch, samsung usb drivers and i also have usb debbuging enabled. I ve tried everything but samsung dex does not detect that the tablet is connected. I tried all the usb ports but nothing happens and uninstalling and reinstalling everything

Also i have tried everything on a second pc but still no result. I dont know what else to try.

Any ideas?

Thank you

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
xAnasazi
First Poster
Options

Sadly it's not working for me with usb. Thankfully I found a program called Qtscrcpy that seems to be very similar and works great. 

image_2020-06-14_20-03-00.jpg

0 Likes
N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options

@xAnasazi wrote:

Sadly it's not working for me with usb. Thankfully I found a program called Qtscrcpy that seems to be very similar and works great. 

Purchase a ugreen hdmi hub I got the 90w pd port one I think 60w pd port should be fine while using dex and keeping your tab s6 charged its awesome https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Aluminum-Pass-Through-Thunderbolt-Compatible/dp/B077FSBGQK/ref=asc_d...

0 Likes
4PeteSake
First Poster
Options

I agree. Dex Is pretty useless and pointless in MHO if it doesnt work on a large display.

0 Likes
politicalpuffin
First Poster
Options

How does Samsung have the brass neck to mark this as resolved?

The idea that I would buy a device, from just about anyone, let alone an enormous player such as Samsung and NOT be able to simply take a USB cable and a Dex like software, plug it into my PC and boom! Job done. I'm off to the races and any other silly expressions you would like to use is absurd.

It really didn't occur to me for one minute that I would have any issue using a Samsung device with a PC. I'd go as far to say, I'd expect the same if I were a Mac user in 2021/22.

I would not have bought a device that does not have common, business and academic use cases as standard. Why would I? I can find another device that will as easily as looking down to the next item in the curated list Amazon has 'kindly' made for me.

I doubt a case for misselling a product could be made and perhaps that is the point, from Samsung's POV. Having said that, I can't imagine what cash this saves Samsung, apart from some development time, perhaps at a stretch, and be under no illusion, that is all it ever comes down to, money.

I came here first to find a solution. As there is no solution as per the Samsung policy of releasing a product that will not comply with the already available Dex functionality all that is left for the likes of us, furious consumers to do is to go to social media and trash talk Samsung by presenting the facts.

I hate that a faceless corporation has so much control over us and the pitiful incomes we have and that the only recourse I have is a negative one.

Still, there's clearly no 'customer care' from Samsung so why should I care? Well, the reason I do care that I am boxed in to having to provide a negative 'solution' to this issue is my community and society will benefit from everyone being able to indulge in positive solutions, at least most of the time.

Cheers

0 Likes