Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tablet upgrade

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 07:48 AM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , I have a tab s2 9.7 WiFi tablet and I've had it for near  7 years now and I was thinking of upgrading it , anyone have any suggestions ?? Recommend a tablet they own ??? Is the tab s2 9.7 worth upgrading ??? I basically watch videos , social media and browsing , thanks 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi, please tell me what your budget is so I can recommend the best devices for you
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I recently bought a couple Tab S7+ and I think they're fantastic devices. If you can afford to splash out, I highly recommend one or perhaps if you want to save a little, go for the smaller Tab S7. The Tab A would also be a decent option too if budget is a concern, my only gripe with those tablets are the reduced amount of RAM.
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I don't really want a new tablet with a 3 or 4 GB ram tbh , this tab s2 has 3gb and stutters sometimes , tab s7 looks the more likely  , tab s6 ( not lite )  looks ok but can't find any to buy

0 Likes
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
You could try the samsung galaxy s5e tablet,I have the 6gb with 128gb storage version if you don't need the s-pen
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Amazon have the Tab S6 in stock, but only 2 WiFi and one LTE from the looks of it.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
My Tab A7 doesn't stutter, maybe it's more the older processor in your S2 that is causing that? The Tab A7 would more than suffice for the usage scenarios you describe
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Now that I actually think about it it maybe the fact it's an older processor , I always look at the specs and think that my S2 has 3gb ram so I need to stay clear of anything 3gb ram ! But I'm presuming that a newer device with 3gb ram and newer processor would be good????

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Seems to be as far as I can tell. I got mine a few months back and haven't noticed it struggle with anything including games, even more demanding 3D ones
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Edgie70 Certainly the S7/S7 plus are premium devices  with the best display and fast processors,however  I am sure the  A7 would suit your needs. Depends if you are likely  to have more intensive needs in the future.

A good review of various Samsung  Tablets here https://mytabletguide.com/best-samsung-tablets/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.