Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

tablet screen cracked and not working

(Topic created on: 10-10-2016 05:07 PM)
peanuttiest
Apprentice
Options

My son dropped my Tab A yesterday and the screen has badly cracked. the touchscreen doesn't work. 

Is it ok to take it to get replaced without copying my information off of it, or will I lose all of my photos? 

Please help!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AdamH
Explorer
Options

Hi Peanuttiest,

Sorry to hear you're Tab A has a cracked screen.

1. If you have a memory card in the tablet you may find that the images are stored in there and your problem is solved.
  2. If the content you want is on the tablet storage you could try plugging it into a PC to transfer off anything you want to keep. This would work the same way you would transfer items to and from a USB memory stick so you wouldn't need to do anything on the tablet itself other that turn it on.
  3. Lastly, you could take your poorly Tab A and a USB memory stick with you to one of our Samsung Support Centres. You can ask them to transfer your content to that USB Stick before doing the repair. In some cases they may not even need to clear the data on the Tab A before, during or after the repair process at all, so it's definitely worth popping in to have a chat!

Hope you get the tablet back working again Peanuttiest, if you found this helpful please hit the Kudos / like button to let me know you appreciate the help, alternatively if you have any more questions feel free to reply.

Thanks,

Adam

If you find this useful, please hit the like button 🙂
peanuttiest
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for this quick answer! I don't have a memory card in the tablet, but I will try the USB trick tonight. Fingers crossed!

TheHistorian312
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem with my Tab S3.

My computer recognizes when I attach the tablet, but I am unable to unlock my device and grant the computer access. Is there anyway to unlock it by entering a code from the computer? Or do you happen to have any suggestions?

0 Likes