Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet as second monitor

(Topic created on: 18-03-2020 12:04 PM)
tehuster
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Is it possible to use a samsung tablet, for example the s5e, as a second monitor. 
Use case:

i have my win 10 laptop.

I connect an usb c to usb c cable between the laptop and the tablet. 

I can now dubplicate or extend my windows 10 desktop to the tablet. 

I'm aware you can use apps that stream the desktop via your home network to the tablet. I was just wondering if it's also possible with an hardware usb-c connection.

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @tehuster ,

you should be able to do this. However, before connecting the tab to the computer you will need to download an app that allow you to do this on the phone (from the Play Store) and computer. We would suggest researching this before proceeding and downloading the app from a secure page. 

giaga1000
Student
Options

Hi Tess, may I ask yuo  any tested or preferred  apps? I also need such application and I  am worried , related to trougput velocity , refresh scree, Resolution and aumotic detection of such device at start up, without any human intervention.

Let me know and Best regards

Giovanni

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @giaga1000 

We're not able to recommend third party apps we're afraid. This would be a case of trial and error, (after a bit of research), we'd suggest.

0 Likes
giaga1000
Student
Options

Hi Chris,

Yhanks to your answer,

i have installed Spacedesk on tablet and PC, and it works only if I enable WIFI.

But I would like to use USB.

So on SpaceDesk they told me to enable tethering on usb.

I was able to enable developer Option on my Galaxy Tab S5e, but I dont find usb enable tethering.

It just says enable hardware acceleration in case of tethering USB.

Any help please?

Thanks

Giovanni

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@giaga1000 , Is there an option of 'Default USB configuration' in the Developer Options for you? If so, click into that, and it should bring up other options to select, including 'USB tethering'.

0 Likes
WillH5080
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I used to use tablet as a THIRD screen before. It wasn't nessesary, but i was really interested in doing that. So, i used two monitors (you can find them here) and Galaxy s5 tab with USB to HDMI adapter connected to Win10 PC. Just Choosing tab as a thirs screen in Win options. It's easier than you think

0 Likes
giaga1000
Student
Options

Hi Will,

Let me better understand,

You connected a Samsung Tablet to your PC win10  computer just using a HDMI to usbC cable, without any particular software on tablet?

Is it true?

Best Reagrds

Giovanni

0 Likes
WillH5080
Apprentice
Options
Hi, Giovanni!
I used iDisplay to do it, but if your tablet has HDMI port (and it's 2018+ tablet) you can do like i wrote above.
Good luck!
0 Likes