Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab sm-t560 - android update

(Topic created on: 05-05-2023 02:31 PM)
WAP
First Poster
Options

Hello, I need to update the Android version 4.4.4 to a newer version.  How do I do it... can anyone help me please.

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15
Matt394
Student
Options

Is 4.4.4 the only version this tablet goes up to? 

I just purchased one for my daughter and she needs 5.0 to play her Roblox game

0 Likes
Analog_Tim
First Poster
Options

I agree, it is disgraceful that Samsung fail to support legacy products. I have replaced a Samsung tablet with Lenovo - excellent products at affordable prices. 

Donatka
First Poster
Options

Hello, I need to update my tablet SM-T560 the Android version 4.4.4 to a newer version but i cant even connect to internet it is showing me message that tablet is not compatible

.  How do I do it... can anyone help me please.

0 Likes
liinziie
First Poster
Options
This needs updating its disgusting that a tablet can just gather dust it's completely fine just can't use it .. apps no longer work can't even watch netflix on it as it says to download app but can't as not compatible.. could atleast offer an upgrade trade in if you are going to do this to owners
Members_w5XuN1Q
First Poster
Options

I just unofficially updated mine to android 7.1 following guides on YouTube, custom ROM . Shame on Samsung if the public can do it why can't you 😔

Roy1010
Apprentice
Options
 Thanks for that information Members_, My SM-T560 is now updated 🙂

For anyone wishing to do the same I followed this video in English, it was easy but you have to do exactly as the guy instucts, you don't need to do the bit at the end which is to root your phone if you wish,, Link to youtub -

If the link does not work then try searching youtube for -
"Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Root & Install Android 7.1.2 DOT OS_V4 Rom Lightning Speed & Good Battery" by Android doctor.
I hope this helps someone,, needless to say I will not be buying any future bricks from Samsung,, they have no shame.

0 Likes