Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S8 Ultra S Pen Scrolling Without Touching Screen

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 10:11 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I have never experienced this before until just recently and I never touch the settings for anything S Pen is related which makes me think it's a bug or some fault perhaps. This isn't where you hover the S Pen near the top or bottom of a screen and it scrolls accordingly. It's happens anywhere on screen and in non Google/Samsung apps it initiates once you come into hover distance from the screen and it acts like a legit touch of the screen even though I'm 1cm above roughly. So if I'm attempting to scroll through a page it can be extremely annoying as the screen will start to move before I've touched it. It happens even though S Pen air actions are off, Air View is also off and all the other settings seems to bear no relation to the issue in taking about. Air view is the setting with the hover scrolling but it's not that. 
3 REPLIES 3
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
OK I have determined that somehow the screen is registering the hover of the pen as an actual touch every now and then. Whilst scribbling in the notes app, upon lifting the S Pen off the screen the scribble noise continued and there were faint scribbles appearing on screen where I was hoveringvering over the screen. Here's a screenshot of some of the scribbles showing what I mean. The faint thin scribble lines are as when I'm not touching the screen.Screenshot_20221114_223736_Samsung Notes_1000000086_1668465534.png
Peter320
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, so I started fiddling with the tip of the Spen. I held the entire tip in place and rotated the pen, not allowing the tip to spin, and it started working properly again. Hopefully, it works for you too

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Will give it a try thanks. Do you happen to remember if the S Pen came with extra nibs in the box or not? I have lots of nibs from my S21 Ultra Pens (bought 3 in total, lost 2 so bought a 3rd only for me to find both around a month later 😂) was wondering if they'd fit as they are the only S Pen tips which have lasted for me. I feel like the tip on my S Pen for the Tab S8 isn't looking too fresh so you could be right that I need to tweak the tip on it. I also bought an S Pen Pro which all of the nibs snapped off leaving the stem inside the S Pen (no joke, over a 5 month period too). Not been able to find replacement nibs for S Pen Pro. Frustrating. Have to say though that it's not been a problem since posting this (bar 1 or 2 instances).
0 Likes