Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S8 Ultra first setup. Stuck at QR code

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 09:17 PM)
NeilJT63
Apprentice
Options

hello.

Most of my electronics are made by samsung but i've never found this problem before. the 1st time i powered on the Tab S8 ultra, the very 2nd screen. on the 1st it asks for the country, then on the 2nd it asks to "scan a qr code". it doesn't specify which qr code, as if it was totally obvious to what it is referring. it might as well have been asking "type in the number". 

there is no other explanation, no "Skip", no "Cancel". you can only scan this obviously very well known qr code or go back to the country screen.

do you have any idea what qr code it wants? I followed another thread regarding this happening on a galaxy s22 ultra (phone), and the advice given was that the phone box contained a brown envelope with this qr code, but there's no such a thing in my tablet's box.

help please?

cheers

neil, london

======================= problem solved =======================

13 REPLIES 13
Members_3Rj5BnX
First Poster
Options

Hi, have you managed to solve the problem? I am now stuck, too. 

0 Likes
NeilJT63
Apprentice
Options
hi. yes, i only needed to reboot the tablet. when the 1st setup started again, it didn't ask that question, it moved to the next step.

good luck
Combat1
Student
Options

It happened to me to.  I've never encountered a bug so early on in terms of user experience lol!!!

Members_aZ2O7ei
First Poster
Options

Hi Have you managed to find a fix yet? as I have the same problem and a reboot did not work😐

0 Likes
Combat1
Student
Options
The reboot worked for me so if doesn't work for you then I'm not able to help. Sorry about that and good luck.
0 Likes
CaptainsKnickers
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone found the qr code that you need to scan ?
0 Likes
NeilJT63
Apprentice
Options
the answer is in the thread
0 Likes
Lindalou71
First Poster
Options
Silly question but how do i reboot?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Lindalou71: Press and hold the Side Key on the side of your tablet until the Power menu appears on screen, then tap 'Restart'. You can also swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and tap the power button that appears in the top right corner of the screen.

0 Likes