Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab s7 wifi drop out

(Topic created on: 06-08-2022 07:08 AM)
Members_MMAbwMi
Apprentice
Options

7F9AEA58-5028-4F92-95C1-04B7DDF8936C.jpeg

Hi, I got problem with the wifi stability and speed on my galaxy tab s7, my connection is 200mbps but the tablet drops that speed very frequently from 1-2 to 20-30 mbps…it does happen very frequently and will cause video buffering, freezing  and connection drops to games…definitely not a problem with my router, all other devices are stable and consistent with the speed, also I found on Reddit that a lot of people  are experiencing the same problem even with the new tab s8, some people saying that it’s faulty unit and one lady said that she bought 2 same tablets and one has problem with the connection while the other one if perfectly fine. Here is a picture of my galaxy tab s7 and galaxy a52s.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_MMAbwMi hello, if you haven't tried-try resetting the network settings of the tablet, sometimes it solves connectivity problems. Access Settings / General administration / Reset and reset the network settings. Then you have to reconfigure the wireless connections. Greetings

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Alfresco
First Poster
Options
How to get pac number
0 Likes
Members_MMAbwMi
Apprentice
Options

I’ve tried that and factory reset as well, it is working just temporary also what works is airplane mode also temporarily after a while the problem happens again.

0 Likes
Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

Take a look in Settings > Wi-Fi and tap More in the upper-right corner, then tap on Smart network switch, and make sure that it's off. If your problem is with disconnecting, go to Settings > Wi-Fi > More, and make sure that Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always. It's worth trying a wipe of the cache partition.

Regards,
James

0 Likes
Kyprianos
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I  am very disappointed by the network performance of my Samsung galaxy tab s7+ 5g, after the first 2023 update, getting worse and worse with successive updates.

The download speed in a perfectly 5g covered zone (100 meters from 5g antenna, without obstacles)  decreased from more than 500 Mbit/s in January 2023, to 180 Mbit/s now (January 2024).

AND I'm even more DISGUSTED by the drop down of the upload speed, from 150 Mbit/ s one year ago, to 5-7 Mbit/s at best now. A decrease in network performance by a factor 20-30.

The Samsung assistance is absolutely absent and useless.

I will never buy a samsung product again: a device paid more than 1000 euros, performing worser than a 120€ Chinese smartphone !

0 Likes