Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab s7 screen keeps freezing

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 09:38 PM)
Members_6316Mdo
Student
Options

Hello, I have had my new tab s7 for not even a whole week but I noticed this problem within the first day of use.

My screen will, too often, just stop responding to touch and the only way I can get it to work again is to turn off the screen and turn it back on again. It is very frustrating as it isn't exactly a cheap device and I'm not rich haha. I have tried entering safe mode and that didn't work. on another thread here, a troubleshooter suggested some developer options, so I tried them and that hasn't helped either. Is there anything at all I can do or have I waisted my money? I could only praise samsung before but my tab s7 is almost useless now as I can barely use it for 10 mins at a time without this happening and now I've lost my money too...

any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have the s7+ and I do not experience any screen freeze, or not responding. If you have only had the tab a week, I would consider getting a replacement. It sounds to me it maybe faulty.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Apply all available system updates as it may have issues that have been fixed while it's been sat on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere. Then do a factory reset if it's no better and see if that helps. Should it not then you'll need to request an RMA and send it back to where you bought it from for a replacement or refund
0 Likes
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
Hey, I'm very late to this, sorry about that! This issue is fixed in the Android 12 update that has just been released in the majority of the world.
0 Likes