Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab S7 S Pen Nibs.

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 12:29 PM)
Members_bvHRRTb
First Poster
Options
Does anyone know if you can replace the S Pen nibs on the new Tab S7 pen? 
21 REPLIES 21
Maroš
Voyager
Options
iam not sure, tried to check it with samsung staff but they have no info yet 🙈, but there is a little movement of nib which is ok
0 Likes
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

I tried to find out the same for customer support but didn't get a clear answer. This link on the spen also give details about the pen but does not answer the question.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/tab-s7-s-pen/

Would be good to get an answer on this from Samsung. If they can be ordered I would also like to understand if there is a different colours available for the different pens.

Solution
AndrewL
Options

Hi all. I checked the box contents for the Tab S7 range and all of them reference an S Pen nib remover tool, which suggests that the nibs can be replaced. If you didn't get any replacement nibs in the box, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, to enquire about obtaining some replacements under warranty. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

Andrew,

Thanks for your help. I reached out to the warranty support team. It was a bit of a mixed response as they initially advised the nibs should not require replacement and are therefore not included in the box. They did raise a warranty claim and have subsequently dispatched two spare nibs and the removal tool. Thanks very much for your help.

gibbylinks
Journeyman
Options

Mixed response, I also was told should be no need to replace, and contact them again if it was faulty or damaged.

Sadly no offer to take it any further, so not lucky enough to receive any spare nibs.

My Devices
Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986B/DS) : Galaxy Tab S7+ (12.4", Wi-Fi) (SM-T970) : Galaxy Watch 46mm (SM-R800)
0 Likes
Members_fzXacX3
First Poster
Options

I called Samsung today after i'd taken delivery of a new S7+ last evening.  I was dismayed to not see the little packet containing spare nibs & their extractor.  I am a regular user of the S-Pen and work through at least 1 nib a year.

The lady at Samsung informed me spare nibs are no longer included with the pack as Samsung engineers have developed considerably more durable nib material & that replacing nibs is no longer intended to be user-serviceable action.  Moreover, to my question on what happens if damaged or broken - she said you'd need to take it to a Samsung workshop or send away to one.   

Not happy with either answers though.  Tab S7+ is an expensive purchase and Samsung could have made this minimal action into a self-help one. 

Nevertheless I am tempted sometime to give it a go with spare nibs from my previous Tab S6 & see if the agent was fully knowledgeable.  Hopefully that wont do any damage.  

TasJam
Apprentice
Options

Hi all
So I am writing from the US. 

I just chatted with a support person to get replacement nibs for my Tab S7, which I bought in October 2020. Just after a month, sometime in Nov 2020, the nib started to just click, and not writing anything. I tried to ask the support person if they could send me the replacement nibs, but they just told me to contact the tech team, and the tech team had already closed for the day.

so frustrating.

TasJam
Apprentice
Options

Continuing from above, I contacted the tech team, and they told me to take the tablet to the nearest repair center, even though I told them, nothing was wrong with the tablet. They replied that they did not sell nibs seperately. So it seems we are on our own for this problem.

cyquin
Journeyman
Options

I think that both the S Pen and tablet have warranties on them. At least according to the UK sites they do, so I would imagine it is similar in the US. In the UK it was quite a long conversation to get the support teams to understand the request, with a few mixed responses but ultimately they just posted the nibs out with a removal tool. In the US it looks like it might be a different model with the service centres.

I know my S Pen has no clicking if that is any help.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/warranty/

0 Likes