Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S7 plus

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 04:48 PM)
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Live in the UK, want to buy a top of the range Samsung flagship tablet with 256GB or 500GB storage, 8GB ram and 5G connectivity. Well move to another country cos we're only getting the 128GB 6GB ram 5G version as the highest spec available in the UK (FYI our European family of people in Germany are getting a higher spec model). Either Samsung hasn't got confidence in their Tab S7 plus as a quality world beating product, or they think we Brits can't handle the technology and the power this tablet has. Need i remind them in a previous life I was the captain of a federation starship (the fleet FLAGSHIP in fact) and my chief engineer is from Aberdeen Scotland UK and he could handle the computers in engineering just fine or maybe it's the mad cow clouding my memory again. Or maybe its the Samsung management showing no confidence in the economy of the UK, via the dredded perceived Brexit effect. Quick someone tell Boris.

Denny Craine.

PS get me Alan Shore or Scottie.
12 REPLIES 12
KaiChow
Student
Options
Not getting the 512Gb model I would understand but the 256Gb model should at least be available, since the Tab S6 released with a 256Gb in the UK as well.
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
sending this reply from a S6 tablet with 8gb ram and 256gb storage will not buy a S7 plus which I was planning on if its got less ram and storage regardless of better screen, more powerful chip.
MacSteve
Journeyman
Options

Certainly wouldn't be considering a change due to the storage limit, never mind the fact that the S6 isn't even considered an option on trade-in. 

Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I have been onto Samsung about my concerns, and the advisor who dealt with me said she would pass on my questions (Tab S7 Plus storage and ram) and the issue about no Tab S6 trade in, to see if anything can be done. that was on 5th August but as of yet no reply so I'm not holding onto any false hopes. I was thinking about taking my S6 to CEX and trade it in that way, but not if Samsung isn't going to sell the S7 Plus in the configuration I want. I was so looking forward to getting the S7 Plus 8gb ram, looks like it's a solid work horse too. Very disappointed with Samsung UK's marketing strategy here, as far as I am concerned they may as well not bother to release any proper flagship products in the UK and be done with it.The flagship models here are hobbled & holed below decks. Not that I'm bitter or anything like that, just my opinions you understand.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The  8GB Ram/ 256GB storage does not seem to be available for S7 or S7 Plus in the UK at the moment anyway, though different in other markets.   https://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-s7-4g-t875/SM-T875NZNAEUA/buy/ 

Customers though have the external storage option  of up to 1TB  with the use of a Micro SD card.

Tab S7 Plus video review here: 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
arunvai
Apprentice
Options
it is a shame that 8GB Ram version is not available in UK. otherwise I would have pre ordered by now
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung has the higher spec model available on their German web page, so i asked via the chat facility on the UK page if they could find out if the 5G aerial & frequencies were compatible here, but no joy. the advisors are working from home still & can't find out for me. I am reluctant too buy something that has less storage and ram than my Tab S6. you would think Samsung would be chasing up every definite sales enquiry, they mustn't need the business. what an omnishambles.
bog2803
First Poster
Options

Real big shame that Samsung is not making the 8GB ram version available in the UK. I'd have pre ordered straight away. I had been holding off getting a new ipad as I was waiting for the new S7. Was very happy to see 8Gb ram announced in their event but as it is not available I don't see any point in getting an android tablet. Apple offer 6Gb ram on their pro model

0 Likes
nickx77
First Poster
Options

Major step backwards!  Samsung have 512Gb model on their US Website and BestBuy in the US.  If Samsung has no loyalty for UK why should I buy from them???  Launching a tablet with less onboard memory than the previous model seems daft.