Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab s7, perfect yet flawed [feedback]

(Topic created on: 20-08-2020 04:54 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi,

I just want to share one though about the tab s7 that given the type of device, even before the price comes into account is fundamentally a big flaw.

I am speaking of the headphone jack, or well its lack.

Samsung heavily marketed the device for online lessons ect... during the unpacked but there is a little caviat to that. Till the device is ok in battery percentage you can use your headphone via the type C to jack adaptor but if the s7 needs a charge you basically cannot use your headphones and there are many home situations where you canmot just go with the speakers because other peoplenare working too.

I think that this is the biggest flaw on such otherwise perfect all round and all day device.

This flaw is also part of the most recent S flagships not to speal about the note both of which should have it as a basic feature.

Hope this gets passed to the r and d team.

Stay safe🌈

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I can see your point, owners who have a perfectly good wired solution don't want to shell out for Bluetooth headphones or earbuds & why should they, but a flaw with the product? Here's an opposite view I hate wires, they get tangled and can be easily broken. Bluetooth technology has come on leaps & bounds since it was first introduced. I use a pair of Skullcandy BT headphones & I haven't had an issue with them, no dropouts or disconnections. They sound fantastic to my ears & no wire worries or inconvenience. Now to defend your point, as the headphone jack is being retired by most manufacturers consumers should ask why? The answer is simple more profits for the shareholders, more revenue generated by making customers purchase new earbuds & what has Samsung just released... the flipside of this is less time in manufacturing the product, no stock of headphone jacks in the warehouse freeing up capital, & more profit to plow into research and development, thus giving you more new tech to play with. So you pays your money & makes your choice, that unfortunately is the way companies work these days, tight margins, the need to innovate or fail. Compromises need to be made, and a whole lot more business strategies besides. Is this right who knows I certainly don't, all I know is I am happy as I have a personal solution, with Bluetooth headphones & see no flaw. A possible error in marketing strategy maybe, but no flaw in this instance.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I know that, but with bluetooth headphones there are always latency issues especially on android compared to windows due to how the os hierarchy is organised. Wired headphones can allow better sound quality compared to streaming via bluetooth and do not have a battery which cannot die in the middle of what you are doing.

I have a pair of galaxy buds and use them on my s10plus, laptop and pc let's say 50 per cent of the time. But if I need to sit there concentrate on what is being said or game or do some sound work my wired headset is fundamental and i can use it on every single of my devices.

Not having a jack will compromise my work.

They removed it from the note 10 with the excuse of space, but on a tablet you have no such excuse and on the galaxy s20's there is plenty of space.

Samsung is buisness company and i get that, but I am the buyer, the money is mine or ours i should say, there is no point in being subjected and accept manufacturer decisions

Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
All I can tell you is what I have experienced in my day to day use. I haven't noticed any latency or reduced sound quality, in the past yes I had dropouts spoiling my experience but not any more due to improved Bluetooth implementation. the battery life of the headphones I'm using is 24 hours and 10 minutes of charge giving me 3 hours playback. Rapid change giving me full power in 2.5 hours, I also keep an eye on the change remaining percentage level and I haven't been caught out yet, you wouldn't drive a car without checking you have enough fuel for your journey and that's why I say no flaw, as a flaw implies a fault causing the item to stop functioning within normal parameters for all users. Short slighted business decisions maybe, that is why I have some sympathy for your point of view. And for the record I don't work for Samsung or get any reward for my views as they are just that my views. I am biased in favour of modern Bluetooth though, and I'm not an audiophile but the experience is better than good enough for me.
0 Likes
Ahmadtaha
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I think this is not a very big problem! There are many solutions, including the use of wireless headphones! It will be a good solution!
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Wireless is always worse and less versitile to an extent compared to wired

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
When I sold audio products back in the day my advice to customers was, you can buy the best amp in the world and the music may sound better but there's a lot still at play to get world class sounds out of it. If you're speakers can't reproduce the signal ratio that the amp puts out, or can't handle the peek power you may as well not bother. another weakness is in the cables used, bog standard cables = bog standard sound. My point here is that Bluetooth is only one part of a chain, any other part from your headset to the codec compatibility may compromise the rest. If anyone is interested read this article https://www.loudersound.com/features/do-you-lose-sound-quality-with-wireless-headphones
I hope this helps.
0 Likes