Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab s7+ connects to 5g but shows no internet

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 12:05 PM)
B1llada1r
Student
Options

Hi my tab s7+ has started to connect to 5g but then shows no internet. It connects fine to 2g. Its got progressively worse it started off on 5g OK then intermittently lost internet while connected. Now even when I switch off and back on it will connect to 5g but shows connection as no internet right from the start. All my other 5G gadgets connect tg no problem. My wife's tab s6 lite connects with no issues to 5g. Any solutions gratefully received. Love the tablet but this is not good for a tablet at this price. I've tried resetting network setting and adding the 2g and 5g connections again but it made no difference. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @B1llada1r 

Is the software on your Tablet up to date? Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install. Also, let's try a soft reset. This will end all processes and give the Tablet a fresh start. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time until the Tablet switches off and back on again.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
Solution
B1llada1r
Student
Options
Thanks Chris, yes I keep the tablet updated and gad already tried the soft reset, so no issue there. I seem to have fixed the problem, I removed a virgin powerline wifi extender and lo and behold the tablet is now working reliably and fast on 5g from the original router. The extender also used a wired connection to an ethernet switch for my video equipment so I hardwired the switch back to my router. All working fine now. Strangely the tablet was the only one affected by the issue as two honor phones, and my wife's tab s6 lite did not display the problem..... anyway I'm back working so thanks for trying to help much appreciated.